Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'How was your Exam?' Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Management accounting - v nice exam, 2 down!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Oh my God that was so good....it was like sex AND chocolate. I don't think I've ever enjoyed an exam before....it was weir, but good. I answered on Ulysses under exam conditions, I'm told they like that *happy dance*

Anglo-Irish literature I love you. *hugs anglo-irish lit*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

Material Science for Engineers - 72% of the paper was exactly the same as the sample paper we were given. Finished in about 22minutes but had to sit there untill the hour was up and it was a two hour exam!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

p_larkin99 wrote:
    Management accounting - v nice exam, 2 down!
    Didn't think it was QUITE so easy, got it all done though... just a tad more complex than I was expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Didn't think it was QUITE so easy, got it all done though... just a tad more complex than I was expecting.

i don't recall the word easy being used ;)

i said it was a nice exam, which it was...they put up what was anticipated...unlike this time last year in accounting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

interestinly enough i saw u in the rds today

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

god i h8 calculus. Have to resit the bloody thing now.

Ah well, least i got me hair cut today and theres a new episode of lost :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

I had my last one, Food diet + health elecetive thingy. Was harder than I expected, but cause of continuous assessment I only needed 5%, so I'm quietly confident...

Oh + I saw scraggs outside which was the highlight of my pre-exam stressful studying buzz

Eurovision 2nite. WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    (I can't help it, I think I've some sort of addiction)

AND

Big Brother, the opening show is always a laugh to watch, even if most of the series ends up sucking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Hospital Studies: Interesting paper, didn't have enough time, for some reason it is a fascination of Radiography lecturers to leave all students unbelievably pressured in all exams for time, had a bloody panic attack about it as I had an hour to go with only two out of 5 questions answered, was going through stacks of booklets because they're only four pages long and i have to write every second line because I have such appaulling writing (I do believe the word illegiable was used by a lecturer) and then right when I was most pushed for time, opened up my next booklet to find no paper in it and the invigilators in section D were SOOOOO slow at giving out paper, they're were some VERY stressed radiographers today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Yea I would have liked more time too, as it is if you understand the stuff but haven't got the questions learned off like a moron you're gonna be under pressure. What do they expect me to be doing that I'm gonna need to be able to do advanced calculus fast and under pressure ffs. None the less it went well:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

B-K-DzR wrote:
    god i h8 calculus. Have to resit the bloody thing now.

Ah well, least i got me hair cut today and theres a new episode of lost :p

Ah, don't be so pessimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Julesie

Pythia wrote:
    I had Financial Institution Management yesterday.
    Hopefully I did very well. He showed us the exam beforehand so I had everything prepared. It's basically just write 3 essays out of eight choices, so learned off my essays and spat them back out in the exam.

Dreading Intermediate Macroeconomics next week.

Ah Financial Institution Management, the joys of Ray Kinsella. Last year the entire class got between 65 - 70%.... im not too sure of his marking scheme [cough] doesn't exist [/cough] but you can pretty much assume thats where the everyone will be again this year. Strange course, seemed to learn more about his family than anything else but he literally does give you the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Julesie wrote:
    . Strange course, seemed to learn more about his family than anything else but he literally does give you the paper.

Yep, we heard all about his daughters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

He's another Des, he kept telling us about the time he had TB..........

*sigh* I miss Des, I liked picking him up on things when he said things that were policitically incorrect straight after ranting at us about being politically correct. Those were the days.

Anywone want to sit a physiology exam for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Myu linguistics one this morning was an absolute diaster and i'm pretty sure I failed it.
    My Irsih one was great though and I'm really happy with what I wrote.

And btw wooooooooooo I'm finished

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

i sat possibly the worst exam of my entire life today....it was a ****ing disaster.....i need a drink....A BIG ****ING DRINK

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Political Communication. Ugh and double ugh. Truly awful.

I may need to comsider next year's employment options cos I've fuck all chance of doing my masters at this rate :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

lol @ you lot still doing exams.. i finished monday

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

History 10040 Studied one question. Was debating whether to even go in. One Question came up and the other Was on The Anglo-Irish Treaty. Poof!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    FINISHED

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Grimes wrote:
    History 10040 Studied one question. Was debating whether to even go in. One Question came up and the other Was on The Anglo-Irish Treaty. Poof!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    FINISHED
    that was you! heh heh i know your name now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I think until the second posting that you're finished in this or any other thread should be a bannable offence:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

internetwork security today was grand - although the section on cryptographic attacks was a bit tricky. In the first question he asked us to crack a code using a cipher from like the 1800's which we covered at the very first lecture and then never went back to or bothered studying (cos its obviously a bit obselete!). I was able to remember how to do it from the lecture though cos I was paying attention that day! Once you decoded it it said "success you have done it" which was a nice way to start the exam off :)

i totally agree (at least till saturday when ill be finished :p )

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Damn you all, I'm not finished until Wednesday :(
    I just want to be over and done with everything at this stage, I'm just sick of exams!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

ive had a week off and just couldn't have bothered to do much study, its strange, i care about doing well- or at least well enough for honours 3rd year but i can't motivate myself to work enough for it :rolleyes: i really would be interested in the psychology of it....

anyway pharmacology tomorrow, a load of balls its just one big list of drug names, i'vs started to realise i actually prefer biochem (shocking!)
    Then another 5 in four days and i'm done, the first 4 were ok but the rest...grrr

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Antennas on wednesday was amazingly good (thanks to Blondie83 i have to add - will be buying you drink!). Asked the easier predictable questions, no very hard derivations (Hertzian Diople) or the like!

Tomorrow's one is a different kettle of fish altogether (RF Circuits). He makes up new questions every year!

Ah, don't be so pessimistic.
    Hard to be optimistic when you only answered about a third of the questions :p

That said im delighted im finished it. I should pass all my other exams which means i can concentrate an entire summer (yeah right :rolleyes: ) on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

B-K-DzR wrote:
    Hard to be optimistic when you only answered about a third of the questions :p

That said im delighted im finished it. I should pass all my other exams which means i can concentrate an entire summer (yeah right :rolleyes: ) on it.

exactly my feelings on russian history. I'm still shuddering at the thought of it. I never failed before. This is shit.*

*obviously i don't know that i failed it, but she's one easy marker if i didn't....easy like....like....well someone really easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

there was a high number of fookin HAWT invigilators today! it was so distracting, this one in a blue long-sleeve top, and glasses, kept walkin up and down my row... how can I concentrate in the presence of such hotness?!

(note: if you post on boards, you're hot :cool: )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

DaveMcG wrote:
    (note: if you post on boards, you're hot :cool: )
    That's some comfort anyway. MER tomorrow (I'll see Hulla, TheVan and Besty there...) for which I'm okay-ish for, but not finished 'til the 27th.

Advertisement