Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'How was your Exam?' Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

Scraggs wrote:
    Myu linguistics one this morning was an absolute diaster and i'm pretty sure I failed it.
    My Irsih one was great though and I'm really happy with what I wrote.

And btw wooooooooooo I'm finished
    Me saw Scraggs*2 today!
    Once in the pre-exam scenario, once in the student bar! She doesn't know who I am, long live the pictures thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I'm finished the exams at last as of 8.00pm on Thursday evening.Thank you people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

computer architecture MCQ today was tougher than i expected but still think i got about 70-80%. Last 10 questions were great tho. Stuff i've known for years. Free marks :D

Guessing ill get 60-70% overall seeing as i didnt do the first assignment and only about half of the 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Joe throws marks at you, so you should be grand :)
    *thinks back to 1st year*

we had some guy called chris bleakley or something. Everyone keeps mentioning this Joe person to me (passed 1st years) and i dunno who he is :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

B-K-DzR wrote:
    we had some guy called chris bleakley
    You're fucked so! :p

Nah, never had/worked with Chris so no idea how he marks. Joe=Joe Kiniry

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

I think they are talking about Joe Carthy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

oh yea, him too! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

MER should be ok.didnot study much but hopefully will pass it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

19thc French went much better than i thought it would yesterday but i have medieval art tommorrow and i'm thinking about just jumping out the window. Oh it'll be so awful. :(

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

RF Circuits and Systems today.................... a disaster, or a catastrophe, take your pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Chris is pretty cool as well. He does a good paper.

The've changed the course around, Joe Carthy used to do a course called Intro to Computer Architecture for the first years, but it was ridiculously easy. Chris did a hardware one, and it was harder, but as long as you put the work in properly you would easily get a first. They've decided to combine the two this year, which is what's causing the confusion.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Finished the Exams! Way-hay! I had MER, it was a nightmare and I made up globalisation, but I couldn't give a fcuk; I'm finished!

[/quote]think they are talking about Joe Carthy[/quote]
    Aye thats him.

And blowfishs explanation explains all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Intermediate Macro was ok today.
    Finished it after an hour.
    Bit confused as there was two mistakes on the paper and one of the corrections seemed to make less sense than the original question.
    Def passed anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Finito!

I made up 2 of my 4 answers yesterday for MER in there. Anyways, I don't care as I've now regained that unfamiliar feeling of having a hangover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

THANK GOD! i'm finished! i dont thnk i could have taken another exam tbh. i'm so tired!!!!!! had MER yesterday. was ok i suppose. wasnt my best exam cause my law subjects were defo better. anyway! who cares! i was so nervous beforehand but the mans attempt at saying BBLS really lightened the mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Font22 wrote:
    the mans attempt at saying BBLS really lightened the mood.
    Twas funny alright.

I thought the magpie flying around in the exam hall was a bad omen though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

besty wrote:
    Twas funny alright.

I thought the magpie flying around in the exam hall was a bad omen though!
    yeah i seen the magpie.it was so funny.

i was wondering what that was!!! i didnt have my glasses so couldnt really make out whether it was a magpie or not.

i loved the BBLS thingy tho. i did that nervous laughing thing in an attempt to hide my fear!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

Font22 wrote:
    i was wondering what that was!!! i didnt have my glasses so couldnt really make out whether it was a magpie or not.

You sat an exam without your glasses????
    ;):D

i dont need them for reading/writing. just driving etc. but without them i did misread the clock on a couple of occassions and got myself into a right state!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Well I've now finished 40% of my degree with that exam. That was officially the most learning I've ever had to do for something. Paper was ok enough, think nearly everything came up but couldn't expect perfect answers because of the amount required to study.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Not happy with the 3 hours of company law this morning...i better pass it...wouldn't like to be back in August. Hope Rossa passes me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

FINISHED FINISHED FINISHED!

2 fails out of 6 exams I think though 8(

u'll be ok larkin. <ffs 22>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

i had my last invigilation shift today - first year english. four people caught cheating - morons. think i spotted a boardsie or two too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

rain on wrote:
    i had my last invigilation shift today - first year english. four people caught cheating - morons. think i spotted a boardsie or two too.

How the hell do you cheat in an English exam? Did they write their own opinions on a piece of paper and smuggle it in just incase they forgot what to think? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

elmyra wrote:
    How the hell do you cheat in an English exam? Did they write their own opinions on a piece of paper and smuggle it in just incase they forgot what to think? :confused:
    lol. they had copies of poems with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Yeah sounds mad. Been finished since Monday. Great feeling.

Advertisement