Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web site for health service group

Options
  • 08-05-2006 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum so please move if not approrpriate (for some reason I can't post a new thread in the For Sale section, even though I'm not banned)

My girlfriend works as a radiation therapist and is a member of the Institute of Irish Radiation Therapists (actually, I’m not certain on the name of it but I’ll update that when I get it) and they need a new website.

The site needs a total front-end overhaul, but more importantly needs a Content Management System (CMS): the site will hold various categories of news items, announcements, event information etc. and an admin section must be provided to allow staff, who are not very IT savvy, to add, edit, and delete this content through a simple user interface (i.e. no HTML knowledge required). Other features will be ability to subscribe to a mailing list and a Members section of the site only registered users can login to. Additional desirables might include document upload feature, and photo gallery.

The budget is €2,000 so it might suit a university student or someone who wants to get the work onto their CV. Of course, there’s also the benefit of knowing you’re helping improve the efficiency of this organisation which will indirectly have a positive impact on the service they can provide to cancer patients.

The site is very similar in concept to a site I did for a GAA club – http://www.ballycumbergaa.com and I can walkthrough the CMS aspect of that site to demonstrate what I mean by a simple user interface for managing content. I work as an IT Consultant but am too busy to do this so I’ll be vetting candidates so reply here or PM me if you’re interested and we’ll take it from there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Mail box is full so i'll reply here with the PM.
    Hi 
    Thanks for the heads up on this.

Yes I'm interested in this,

I use a really great CMS called mambo, It's really good and easy to use. youcan check it out here [url]http://www.mamboserver.com/[/url]

I can also do the graphics for it.

So please let me know if you would like me to do this

Thanks
    Regards
    David.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Hi just to add you can PM me or email me and i'll send you my number.

email : david [at] davidstokes.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

I think you should have a look at http://www.ballycumbergaa.com its down with an error

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

lol....thats funny - turns out they didnt pay the subscription fee! I've handed over maintenance to a young lad so I'll get him to sort it. Thanks though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭trecool

Hey thanks for the offer! If u want to discuss more on this - my msn is dontfeckwithme@hotmail.com!
    My email is spazzy@musicsource.ie !

My design companys site is www.inamotion.com !
    I'd be happy to design the site!
    Send me a PM if interested!

Thanks,
    John Mallon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Hate to point out the obvious, John, but this thread is almost 4 months old.

I think you've missed the boat on this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭trecool

Yeh, it's 4 months old now! I posted in May...

Advertisement