Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dollymount House going up for sale in clontarf

Options
  • 08-05-2006 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

I have it under good advise that Dollymount House is going up for sale very soon. ANybody know any more or have anything to say about it?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Nice pub does good grub,I hate it when a pub gets sold as the first thing the new owners do is put prices up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I do believe it was bought, to be torn down
    With apartments put in it's place.

Crying shame either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

Torn down? The DH is a gold mine. That doesn't make much sense.

I would be sad to see it go if that is true :(

Well I don 't know that for a fact, I'm just saying what I heard.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Gold mine maybe but the land is also worth a fortune.I would not be surprised if someone bought it then sold the license and then developed the land.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭FillSpectre

THe pub is worth so much I am not sure that is viable. They paid 4 million for Kitty Kiernan's. No land there to be worth it and I'd guess DH makes more money so just for the bussiness let alone the land. I herad the same story but as there hasn't been any planning applied for I think it is speculation turned into fact via whispears. It's possible but I don't think it is definite or a certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭u2gooner

Also heard it was to be knocked down for apartments. Maybe they'll do something along the lines of the Hollybrook hotel. A load of apartments surrounding a new, smaller bar, aka Parlour

Well rumours about it being knocked were speculation turned to truth. It has no persmissions applied for and only went for sale yesterday. The expect to get 9million.
    I heard it is already sold, is being torn down and they are putting 120 appartments on the site. Rumours are unbelievible.

The ad was in the paper yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Also heard that the Yacht is going up for sale for the same reason! The lads down the Sheds will be rubbing their hands at this one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

with barcode and that other new place in clontarf, its no longer the gold mine people think it is/was

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Dont think I'll miss it anyway whatever happens to it - was never too fond of it anyway. Prefer the more spitonthefloor vibe down the Sheds....

T&#225 wrote: »
    with barcode and that other new place in clontarf, its no longer the gold mine people think it is/was

I doubht it, half of Barcodes cilentel are too young to get into pubs.

yeah your not wrong there. but when it first opened it did damage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Dub13 wrote:
    Nice pub does good grub,I hate it when a pub gets sold as the first thing the new owners do is put prices up.

Difficult to see how they could do that..its a bloody rip off for food allready!

Well it is in Clontarf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I didn't think they'd knock it down considering they do such good business, its packed every weekend.
    I go there for sunday dinner all the time. :(

I read it has Z-zonig (might be another letter) effectively it has to have a public use. In other words you can't just build appartments on it with out getting the zoning changed first then apply for planning. Clontarf has very few pubs so I would guess it is alright for a good while yet

isn't there apartments already behind it? if so, i presume they may object due to lighting/view blocking issues.

T&#225 wrote: »
    isn't there apartments already behind it? if so, i presume they may object due to lighting/view blocking issues.
    No, houses that are at a higher level of about 10 feet.
    Nobody has the right to a view or direct sunlight contray to popular belief. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Magic Pips

I heard it sold for 17m, for apartments too... bogey...

I worked there years ago, the only thing keepin it goin is the restaurant, its a crap pub, too big, no atmosphere, empty all the time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 DUBGUY73

Well rumours about it being knocked were speculation turned to truth. It has no persmissions applied for and only went for sale yesterday. The expect to get 9million.
    I heard it is already sold, is being torn down and they are putting 120 appartments on the site. Rumours are unbelievible.

The ad was in the paper yesterday
    rumours about it being knocked down are speculation turned to truth?? I have it on good authority its has not been sold yet and will only be sold by tender around the end of June. Who makes up this rubbish? If it is sold for apartments then i doubt the new owners would get it for €9m. Sure Redcourt sold for €8m and The Dollymount House is in a much better location!

Magic Pips wrote:
    I heard it sold for 17m, for apartments too... bogey...

I worked there years ago, the only thing keepin it goin is the restaurant, its a crap pub, too big, no atmosphere, empty all the time

WELL IN FAIRNESS, ITS HARD TO FILL A PUB OF THAT SIZE. THE PUB BUSINESS IS DYING A DEATH. LOADS OF PEOPLE ARE DRINKING AT HOME NOW. I USED TO WORK THERE TOO. I STILL GO IN THE OOD TIME AND I WILL MISS THE PLACE IF THEY TEAR IT DOWN.

DUBGUY73 wrote:
    ...I USED TO WORK THERE TOO. I STILL GO IN THE OOD TIME AND I WILL MISS THE PLACE IF THEY TEAR IT DOWN.

Yea i know what you mean, good aul john masterson! I'd like if they changed it into something like the parlour bar

Magic Pips wrote:
    good aul john masterson! I

*shudders*

DUBGUY73 wrote:
    rumours about it being knocked down are speculation turned to truth?? I have it on good authority its has not been sold yet and will only be sold by tender around the end of June. Who makes up this rubbish? If it is sold for apartments then i doubt the new owners would get it for €9m. Sure Redcourt sold for €8m and The Dollymount House is in a much better location!
    That was the point. It hasn't been sold, it has no planing permission to build or knock and it is zoned to have a public ammenity.

THe rumours are complete sh*t. It sale is on 16th so it has not sold yet.

*NUDGE*

any news/rumours on this?

The place was sold and will be closing down. Dickie Rock will be there on the closing day. I can't remember the actual date. Apparently only developers were intrested in the place and nobody looked at the place as a going concern. It will be therefore abandoned for a while before they go to knock it down. There are very few pubs in Clontarf.
    I heard a rumour the Yatch is going up for sale soon too! I am not sure that is good think for the locals or not. I personally like the idea of being able to walk to a local. Mind you local pubs look like they might disappear as a whole, Kavangah's on the Malahide road looks like becoming very fancy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Does anyone know the closing date of DH? id like to go along - for nosiness if nothing else.

be honest, its the prospect of seeing Dickie Rock that your going for...

• Advertisement

I hear they are having a Barbeque on Friday July 21st but nobody knows when it will actually be closing down yet. It could take months to finalise. Apart from the closing night though, I'd say the Barbeque will the last big night in the DH. I also heard there were a few publicans interested in it but it was eventually bought by a developer.....

Advertisement