Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplier for solid walnut counter top?

• 08-05-2006 12:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I'm putting in a new kitchen in my house and I'm going for a white gloss door and a solid walnut butchers block top. B&Q have pretty much everything I want aside from one thing - I'm including a kitchen island which will have a little overhang at the back so I can slide some stools in underneath for a little breakfast bar area. As a result the bit of walnut I need will be around 2000 x 900 mm which is too deep in the 900 dimension for b&q to supply - does anyone know anywhere that can make this up for at a reasonable price? We've gotten a quote of around 2,500eu for the main units so we just need the top to go on. If anyone has any suppliers that are reasonable (not that I expect it for solid wood :/ ) it'd be much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MGL

Hi,
    Just saw your query now...we have been looking at doing something along the same lines and I found a recomendation for Woodworkers in Terenure (www.woodworkers.ie)...went round there last week and found the staff very helpful and knowledgeable and the product range pretty good. We have not yet decided to go with them, so sales and aftersales I can't really comment on....hope this helps...

MGL.

Advertisement