Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price check : reskinning OSS

Options
  • 08-05-2006 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭

Anybody think they know what I should charge a corporate client for reskinning an open source web application?

Essentially what I have to do is source new icons, put logos and graphics in place, implement a colour scheme, etc.

With a job like this I usually think it's just a matter of what I can get away with... it's not exactly going to be a strain on the grey matter, just some hours out of the day.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

I normally charge whatever my usual is per hour - they want it done, you have to spend time doing it - you deserve to get paid for doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Graphics Designs will cost €30 an hour average and amount you and amount you wan graphiced

Reshuffling design wil cost €20, cheap person will do it, simple task, just a few basics

I got these figures from a friend that i partially designed a website for...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

depending on your experience, and set up, and how professional you are, design rates can vary, from about 45 - 135 per hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It can also depend on the application in question. Some (e.g. phpBB) can be redesigned through a new stylesheet and some simple templates, whereas others (e.g. OSCommerce) require each page to be edited manually.

As Ph3n0m says, your best bet is to charge it by the hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

This one will require more than just a stylesheet.

I'll calculate my hours and use a rate within the margins you guys mentioned. Cheers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement