Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mick Foley turning heel

• 08-05-2006 12:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

As reported on wrestling observer live. Dave Meltzer reported that its likely to happen soon. He did n't mention whether it would tie into the ECW angle. I reckon it might. Perhaps him being a face to ECW fans and heel to WWE fans. Or maybe not.

Foley will make it work. I can't wait for the promos.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Got anymore info than that. Even giving the link would help. It's been ages since Foley was a heel so i can't remember much of it except for the weird mankind stuff and even then he wasn't really a heel. Foley always has good promo's no matter what but how to get the crowd to believe him as a heel would be a task in it's self.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I think the last I remember of him as a proper heel was feuding with stone cold as dude love ..... good times! .... But it would be very interesting to see a good heel turn from him though, might freshen up raw a bit more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Its a radio show. A recap of the radio show is here:http://www.wrestlingobserver.com/wo/news/features/default.asp?aID=16214

Foley can get over as a heel. If you like your Foley promos check out his heel run in ECW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

That was him as a heel :confused: but the fans loved character that feud and i thought the story was him being stone colds tag team partner but austin didn't like him or something, i could be wrong though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I was expecting this. He said he had a meeting scheduled with Vince a couple of weeks ago because he had a "big idea". He said that this run on tv is going to last a while too, so I doubt it'll just be til ONS. Heard that the match with Edge is being used to freshen up his character too

The only problem is that I think a lot of the fans love him too much to ever buy him as a heel again. He could end up as a sort of heel who gets cheered anyway. I think it's almost guaranteed that he's going to insult the fans a lot. His last run in ECW was as a heel, and he let rip into the fans. Although they still cheered him.. Until he became kinda "non-hardcore", but I can't see that happenin

Still, I'd trust Foley to get anything over

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Yerac

How about Foley as a heel in ECW but remaining face in WWE. Would be very difficult to turn him in WWE, who could he get heat off?
    However, a Dude Love run in ECW could be interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 J3sTr

How about <raw> turnin the hardcore match with edge into a triple threat match including ECW's Tommy Dreamer but turns on Tommy. He and Edge distroy him with a barbed-wired base ball bat and finishing manovers. He then left with edge and lita taunting. Job Done id say<end spoiler>
    put spoiler in case anyone waiting to watch the replay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Raw
    I wouldn't say job done. Guarantee he'll still get cheered until he explains his actions, and even then I'm sure a lot of people will continue to cheer him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

I'LL BE HONEST, i'm rather confused by this heel turn :o:confused:

Advertisement