Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Subsidence Solutions

• 08-05-2006 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

Hey, we're having a bit of subsidence trouble in our house and were wondering what the possible solutions were. My dad knows about underpinning but has heard of a treatment involving foam injected in under the foundations to raise them or somehing like this. Has anybody got any ideas about this?? At a complete loss through google.
    I just found the company so there is no problem with that but if anyone knows how effective this is I'd really appreaciate it.
    www.uretek.co.uk

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

dimerocks wrote:
    Hey, we're having a bit of subsidence trouble in our house and were wondering what the possible solutions were. My dad knows about underpinning but has heard of a treatment involving foam injected in under the foundations to raise them or somehing like this. Has anybody got any ideas about this?? At a complete loss through google.
    I just found the company so there is no problem with that but if anyone knows how effective this is I'd really appreaciate it.
    www.uretek.co.uk

I've worked with this before and it can be very effective (providing it is done right).

Where is the house located and are you sure its subsidence? If heard of beam or similar breaking and people thinking it was subsidence.

Do Uretek work in Ireland? Cant remember the company I delt with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Does your house insurance not cover you for subsidence or has it been assessed as settlement? Piling and underpinning are common methods but very invasive. Get an local engineer to advise you - not very $$$

'cptr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

got it beat yet my dimerockin friend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

mawk wrote:
    got it beat yet my dimerockin friend?
    nah still being sorted. It is definietely structural subsidence alright. The engineeer has suggested the foam thing but admits he has never done it. I dunno if Uretek work over here. Who does it over here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

i dont know but there was that one time i did it over there

• Advertisement
Advertisement