Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

comparison of data charges across mobile networks?

Options
  • 08-05-2006 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering if there is anywhere to compare the cost of data charges for gprs across all 4 mobile networks in Ireland?

Or does anyone have a breakdown on the charges that your average user will incur?

I am trying to get some idea from the comreg comparison site but its not exactly providing what I need.

http://www.callcosts.ie

Otherwise I am going on what I can get from the operators web-sites.

If anyone has any useful suggestions on this fire away.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

3 doesn't offer generic GPRS access, which is very clever seeing as they have a 3G network. Meteor is priced in crazy land for GPRS the last time I looked, so realistically it's down to O2 or Vodafone.

Both offer a bunch of bundles and data cards. I don't think their web sites are current so I would call them to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Thanks for that.

Based on the info I can glean off their websites theses are current costs. 3 is excluded as they don't have any gprs as such (as Blaster99 stated).

Incredibly over-priced services in this country. A swedish friend of mine cannot believe how expensive it is compared to home.

Anyway perhaps this may be of some use. If anyone has any corrections or other info lets hear it.

O2
    1C Per Kb Pay as you go and monthly
    1mb (1000Kb) will cost you approxiamtely €10

Top package is
    Surf 50 package (49.3mb allowance)
    €60.50 per month (vat inc)

1kb minimum charge per session

Vodafone
    2c up to 512KBs.
    0.5c/KB for any usage beyond the 512KBs limit.

1mb will cost you €12.50

6mb Bundle (€18)

10kb minimum charge per session

Meteor
    3c Per Kb Pay as you go and monthly

1mb will cost you €30

Minimum charge (€2.50 per 512KB) of data is billed in advance and the balance of this can be used over furter sessions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I'm on a bundle with Vodafone that's €30 for 50MB I'm pretty sure. This is why I think the web sites are out of date.

Advertisement