Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

A4, Passat or Avensis?

Options
  • 08-05-2006 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭

hey,

Im looking into buying a new car and I was wondering if anyone knew good sites that compare cars. At the moment Im looking at A4s, Passats and Avensiss from about 00. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

For actually buying a car the following are good;
    cbg.ie, carzone.ie, carsireland.ie, autotrader.ie.

As regards comparisons, the following English sites should have loads;
    autoexpress.co.uk, topgear.com, whatcar.co.uk, autocar.co.uk.

Probably not many direct comparisons, espec between the Avensis and A4 (different classes), but Passat is kinda in between the two.

Personally I'd go Japanese (British built I know), had an Avensis diesel before- a great car.Although A4 and Passat are similiar, except 5/6 grand more for the Audi badge!They're good too, you can't go too far wrong with any of these once you've got your wits about you!

P.S. Have you considered a Honda Accord (Great cars)?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

You need to include Mondeos in that list. Genuinely.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

i'd definitely go for an accord over the toyota and the vw. Would be a tough call between the accord and the a4 though.

New mondeo are very good aswell. Its weird but I would have no worries about buying any of those cars bar price. Which is the cheapest???

yeah i'd take an accord, honda engines are just sexy

Advertisement