Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Pub

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Anyone been to Glynns in Oranmore? It's just the most hatable pub in the world....all the tables and chairs are all ugly, mismatched and rickety, the service is slow, and its full of farmer types quite frequently! Never seemed to stop it being popular though...

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

BierHaus is a savage little pub alright. Shows what can happen when a little place like that takes a break from the norm and offers something different from just Beer, Cider, Guinness and the usual. Great choice.

Hole in the wall never appealed to me. Is it still overcrowded with underage at weekends?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭MrJones

well what exactly is it offering about from a selection of european beers?
    any time i was in there, it was way too crowded. its just another pub but has a german name and some fancily-named beers. not being smart but thats it.

BierHaus is a savage little pub alright. Shows what can happen when a little place like that takes a break from the norm and offers something different from just Beer, Cider, Guinness and the usual. Great choice.

Hole in the wall never appealed to me. Is it still overcrowded with underage at weekends?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

wat does anyone think of ti na nog- i used to work there but would never drink in it! quays for a bit of craic and loved the Beirhaus for popping into after work although you wouldnt leave until you culd barely see! was never too fussed on the roisin or blue note!

ti na nog is just another pub. its grand. you wouldnt be jumping up and down with excitement at the thought of going there or any ting!
    i like the roisin when it;s not too packed. dont like blue note. love neachtains!!

wat does anyone think of ti na nog- i used to work there but would never drink in it! quays for a bit of craic and loved the Beirhaus for popping into after work although you wouldnt leave until you culd barely see! was never too fussed on the roisin or blue note!

• Advertisement

ok this is drivind me mad- cannot for the life of me remember the name of the wee pub on the corner opposite supermacs on cross street/middle street! its driving me insane!! used to love that place after work or on split shifts when technically you werent supposed to be drinking!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

MrJones wrote:
    well what exactly is it offering about from a selection of european beers?
    any time i was in there, it was way too crowded. its just another pub but has a german name and some fancily-named beers. not being smart but thats it.

I've asked the same question a few times. I've yet to find an answer.
    The interior of the pub needs to be redone, it's an uncomfortable place to sit and drink a pint.

{edit}

It's the paint, makes it look like an old schoolhouse or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

ok this is drivind me mad- cannot for the life of me remember the name of the wee pub on the corner opposite supermacs on cross street/middle street! its driving me insane!! used to love that place after work or on split shifts when technically you werent supposed to be drinking!:D

The Dew Drop Inn*

* Read: The Holly

SyxPak wrote:
    The Dew Drop Inn*

:eek: THANK YOU!! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Dew Drops a great pub.Good crowd in there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭cargrouch

wat does anyone think of ti na nog- i used to work there but would never drink in it!

Wandered in there once. Twas like a halting site. All knacker 'taches and hoopy earrings. Blue wkd and Bulmers all round.

haha exactly and pints of snakebite!! NASTY!!!! *shudders*

so you had a family reunion party there that evening right???!!!

cargrouch wrote:
    Wandered in there once. Twas like a halting site. All knacker 'taches and hoopy earrings. Blue wkd and Bulmers all round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭cargrouch

And what would be wrong with that;)

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Surrender

kevmy wrote:
    The place beside the the goalpost... Central bar ?

King of dives, uncomfortable place full of middle aged alcos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Surrender wrote:
    King of dives, uncomfortable place full of middle aged alcos

Trends in Salthill is also one of the biggest sh1t holes.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

SyxPak wrote:
    The Dew Drop Inn*

It's been a while since I've heard it reffered to as that. You'd miss having that hairy German around town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

wat does anyone think of ti na nog- i used to work there but would never drink in it!

Was in there once not to my taste. The only thing it has going for it is that huge fishtank thingy behind the bar. Spent the whole night imagining Steven Segal throwing somebody into it :D:D

Advertisement