Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Tiernan in America

Options
  • 08-05-2006 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭

Just a heads up, fly on wall type program on at 9.30pm on RTE 2 tonight

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭rcs

Yeah he was on Ryan Tubridy on Sat nite.. sayin' he's tryin to crack America

He's a legend but dunno if his style would go down well with the yanks..

Only person I can think of that did well in America off hand is Billy Connolly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Oh yeah..saw an ad for that the other day..would have totally forgot about it though! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Watching it. It's alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

it was alright but i dont think thy really appreciated him!

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

He seemed to only play in a few tiny clubs - it was over the course of a week-end afterall. I think it would be hard to judge on that alone. He went down well at the Montreal Comedy Festival - but he wont be able to sell out those venues unless he builds up a following - and that by spending months and months playing to small/tiny crowds.

Tommy says doesn't want to do TV/movies. Billy C was on Head of the Class and that helped his career in the states to take off.

I hope he makes it really big.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Liked his joke about the Twin Towers :p

"I wouldn't stoop that low to make jokes about them, but you know I'm sure some people do........
    The mexicans maybe?"

• Registered Users Posts: 43,936 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Wasn't that funny.. was more interesting in the elements of how he prepared for a possible upcoming US tour. Like by playing in front of 13 people in a small comedy club.

Will tune in again anyways!

Advertisement