Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerbil drought.

Options
  • 08-05-2006 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I've been trying to find 2 young gerbils and it seems everywhere is out. Have they stopped breeding, because last time I checked they had babies every 5 seconds. I have checked everywhere in town and went out to the Omni in Santry, with no avail.

Anyone know where I might get two cute little gerbils?

Thanks...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I have baby gerbils at the moment - they wont be ready to leave her for a couple of weeks yet - not seen all the babies but I have lilacs & argentes some are pied some arn't

I am based in Laois.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

Try contacting Hadook or Guineapigrescue on the board to see if they have any available.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

No gerbils here they seem have become unpopular and are very hard to find homes for, at least down this end of the country. Shame because they are a good pet.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

I have a pair but they're fully grown. Are you interested in adopting a pair of adults or just looking for babies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 snakeleg

im afraid it might have somthing to do with the large
    amount of commercially farmed baby and adult royal
    pythons available in petshops everywhere. they dont
    make good pets, they are very shy and secretive snakes
    and should never be bought as babies captive bred or not
    people resort to feeding gerbils to their snakes in order for
    them to feed. i could be wrong. any royal keepers got an
    opinion?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

I have three adult gerbils and when I got them they were small cute things; I got them in the pet shop in dun laoire they're the cutest things ever and when I bought them they had loads of gerbils and they were real cheap as well, try there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

when i was over in the orchard garden center they had 1 or 2, pretty impressive collection of animals there ;-) tho a respectable non-shop breeder would probably be better? would it? oh im not sure if they were adults or not

Advertisement