Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Mock Trials Competition

Options
  • 08-05-2006 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

has anyone heard of this??
    we got through to the semi-finals, woo! it was in the four courts on the 29th april and we all really enjoyed the day.
    did anyone else take part??

Liz

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 PearofAnguish

I'm aware I may be posting in entirely the wrong forum, but we are rather desperate at this atage and are trying everywhere.
    The Mock Trials are a competition held between schools where pretend cases are prepared and argued in the Four Courts. My school has gotten through to the semi-finals, and there is a possibility we might be against Castleknock, dublin or St Aloysius Cork this Saturday.
    If anyone has taken part in this competition and was against either of these schools could they please get in contact with us?? It would be absolutely fantastic if we could find out anything bout their tactics, arguing styles etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

We did a one day law course and they mentioned something about it, my school didn't enter though. Would have been fun, I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Lol, most likely you are in the wrong forum... most people here are either Gardaí, law students, college graduates and people who are (stupidedly!) looking for legal advice.

And you potential lawyers shouldn't be getting up to these underhand tricks (won't serve you well in the real law society ;) )

*edit: good luck in the competition.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

There are a few people in here who have either done moot court competitions before, or are interested in it. I'd say you might get some responses that will be useful.

Just to be sure, I'm going to copy this over to TY as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 PearofAnguish

Oooh, with Weasley and Martin?? .......no, thought not. Just checking *sigh*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cdol

Hey ya my school took part in this competition.......we were so unlucky, we were one of the only 5 schools to win all 3 cases but since only 4 can go through we missed out on points!!!"sickend"
    Anyone know who won in the end??
    It was defenitly one of the highlights of the year, i lplayed a witness and had a great time, it was good craic up there aswell with all the other schools!
    I advice it to anyone doing ty next year!!!

Advertisement