Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hose won't fit internal taps - outside tap only option?

Options
  • 08-05-2006 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

I bought a new hose yesterday - brand is Hozelock I think - yellow hose on one of those reel thingies.

The fittings supplied with it don't fit any of the taps in my house. My parents have the same hose attached permanently to their outdoor tap. None of the hoses in the DIY store yesterday seemed designed for a normal internal tap.

Is getting an outside tap fitted the only solution? Obviously, I'd like an outside tap, and if funds were unlimited, and plumbers actually available ever, I'd have installed one by now.

If it is necessary to get one, how much would a plumber charge? I'm thinking I'd be lucky to get one out at all for such a relatively small job.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

You can get adaptors that fit on most mixer style taps. Try your local hardware.
    Fitting an outdoor tap isn't the hardest thing in the world. You can buy kits from woodies and the like with all you need in it. I have one of these myself, and no problems so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

To the OP ... if you want one of these kits, I've got one lying unused you can have for nothing if you come and pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Gordon Gekko

Hi Alun, thanks a mill for the offer, have PM'd you. :D

Advertisement