Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

safest place to leave a bike in Limerick?

Options
  • 08-05-2006 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

i just got a job in aurthurs quay, and i was wondering if its possible to leave a bike in a pay car park? if not, can anyone recommend a safe-ish place to leave a bike in town?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭sioda

You can lock a bike in the arthurs quay car park in some of the corner alcoves I have done it a few times. Have also used the cruises street car park as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

ah just leave her anywhere
    if she gets bored she can find her own way home

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

haha :D cheers people!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭jay_haych

I find the safest place is the pole right in front of henry st garda station

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

jay_haych wrote:
    I find the safest place is the pole right in front of henry st garda station

This dude, he is wise beyond his years.

Seriously. I've lived here for 5 years and have had 3 bikes nicked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Buy one of those cabals locks in argos and your bike should be safe enough in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Exon

is Limerick that bad? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

is Limerick that bad?

Bunratty could be worse ..... :(

A couple of Americans chained their bikes outside the folkpark .... came out to find two saddles missing :eek: .... cycled all the way home to a B&B in Sixmilebridge(Gerry/Martha Kearneys) .... Martha sells Bikes as well as Coal and running a thriving B&B so she was able to replace the saddles ..... they told her they had cycled all over Europe without a problem :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

superfly wrote:
    ah just leave her anywhere
    if she gets bored she can find her own way home

Please refer to the charter in relation to smart arse answers to people looking for assistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

At home and get the bus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

but i dont want to get the bus, hense the question :rolleyes:
    Henry street is a great idea, ive had two bikes stolen around castletroy, and im sick of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

i think your best choice is to go with the 1st person who replyed leave it in a corner in the authers quay car park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

The railings outside Roches (O'Connell street side) have always been fine for me, the area is (afaik) covered by cctv so it should be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Please refer to the charter in relation to smart arse answers to people looking for assistance.

You might as well change the charter and just have one rule: No fun/joking allowed :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

You might as well change the charter and just have one rule: No fun/joking allowed :rolleyes:

The forum has run smoothly enough with the same charter since 2004. When people are looking for info the last thing they want is little pricks taking the piss out of them.

now get back on topic or get lost.

Advertisement