Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Would anyone buy it ?

Options
  • 08-05-2006 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if you reckon I'd get a buyer for my 1994 Fiesta 1.6 ghia
    Its a bit sad looking now, engine is flying (108k), 4 new tyres, tow hitch....alloy wheels.. but with fiesta build and bad roads its body is shoddy.. (recently lost a wing mirror :( has NCT till June 07 but is tired...

worth trying to sell it or simply scrap ??

I love the power it has and the handling but not sure anyone would want it...

Fatboy...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A 1.6 litre 12 year old Fiesta is going to be tough to sell to be honest. Not too many people out there willing to pay the tax and insurance on a 1.6 car the size of a Fiesta. Even a scrap yard will probably charge you for taking it.

Saying that there is a Motors For Sale section on here, give the car a good cleaning, fix up anything on it that will relatively cost very little but will smartin it up and make it more desirable. Take a few photos and post them up on the For Sale section. Price it cheaply enough and you never know. Also put it up in Buy N Sell.

Alternatively if you are getting a new car then alot of garages are running the scrapage scheme again where they will allow you about €2k for it against a brand new car.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭fatboypee

bazz26 wrote:
    A 1.6 litre 12 year old Fiesta is going to be tough to sell to be honest. Not too many people out there willing to pay the tax and insurance on a 1.6 car the size of a Fiesta. Even a scrap yard will probably charge you for taking it.
    thought so... :D

great car (engine wise), build quality always was apalling.. :mad: started to fall to bits the minute I got it ! :eek: still max I'd sell it for would be 2-3 hundred...

not getting a new one, brother is giving me his old car keep me going a while...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

fatboypee wrote:
    thought so... :D

great car (engine wise), build quality always was apalling.. :mad: started to fall to bits the minute I got it ! :eek: still max I'd sell it for would be 2-3 hundred...

not getting a new one, brother is giving me his old car keep me going a while...:D

he's right, you wont get much interest in it, too big engine for beginner , and TBO too small and normal a car for your average boy racer.

sorry but the truth hurts sometimes!

hope you sell it though!

nissan are doing 2-3K scrapage deals on there models at the mo.

but would you buy a brand new nissan????:eek:

Mc-BigE wrote:
    he's right, you wont get much interest in it, too big engine for beginner , and TBO too small and normal a car for your average boy racer.

sorry but the truth hurts sometimes!

Its too normal... part of its charm really.. watching wee boy racers faces in the rear-view after their pathetic bit of tailgaiting ends in them sniffin' dust...:D

don't really expect anything but to scrap it... just a shame as its a nice drive... till it finally falls apart :)

as for a nissan... nope... old nissan maybe (used to drive a micra :eek: ).. go forever but wont pay the premium price...

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭conor_mc

Go on, throw it up in Adverts.ie with a few pics and post a link here.

At a couple of hundred quid, I might be interested....:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Where are you? If in the west ill take it off your hands if you like, it'd save you paying a scrap yard to take it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭Alkers

Interested also...

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭conor_mc

I said it first..... :p

If I put pictures up and the interest may very well evaporate !!! :eek: :)

Seriously tho, I'll put up some pix in the next week or so, I'm not getting my Bro's car till the start of June....

Thanks for the interest !

Fatboy.

Advertisement