Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customised Paintball Guns

Options
  • 08-05-2006 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭

Firstly forgive me if this is the wrong forum for this, there doesn't seem to be a paintball forum anyway so this forum would be closest thing for my question :) . Havent been on this forum for a long while, used to do clay pigeon and target rifle shooting, however my latest hobby is paintballing and me and my brother have decided to take it a bit more seriously.

I have seen you are able to get customised paintball guns with replica models such as the mp5, m16, ak-47 and so on and since i havent been up to date with firearms legislation laws etc i was wondering would i need a license to acquire these? a friend of mine who i was talking to who does paintball says you don't need a license but i would imagine if these are replicas you would?

Regards,
    Michael

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭sidneyreilly

Hi Michael,
    you don't need a licence for a replica but you do need a licence for one that fires. I believ a paintball gun would require a Firearms cert for an air rifle.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

They are classed as firearms in Ireland and you would need a licence. The extream sports fourm and this one have quite a few threads ont he subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

cheers thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭ditpaintball

Firstly forgive me if this is the wrong forum for this, there doesn't seem to be a paintball forum anyway so this forum would be closest thing for my question :) . Havent been on this forum for a long while, ............
    Regards,
    Michael

check out the new paintball foum here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement