Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volvo S40 CD player problem

Options
  • 08-05-2006 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭

This might not be the right forum but some of the car geniuses might know. I bought a '01 S40 and the CD player isnt working. It is the standard Volvo one (HU-605). It wont pull in CDs when pushed in. There is a knob for cycling through modes but there is no CD mode.
    I took it out and reset it but no use.
    Any ideas what I could do?

Also, what CD changers are compatible with this model? The cable to the boot is already wired. Tried some websites but they didn't have any changers compatible with it "because it is wired through the cars ECU".

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Darando

might only be a volvo changer that you can add.. not 100% though. Havent seen much about adding a sony/alpine to a volvo (maybe about softwareupgrade or something). maybe try some of the volvo forums on the web. Try tell them everything when asking though i.e car, year, radio number etc. that way you might get a better response.

or try emailing a seller such as www.addachanger.co.uk and see what they say, afterall its their business.

sorry could help anymore than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

As fas as I know. The volvo cd changer needs some sort of firmware upgrade in the car so they can make sure only the volov cd player fits. Is the cd player an external drive or is it part of the radio. Did it ever work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Its part of the radio. Its a 2 din unit with tape and CD. Only bought the car last week so dont know if it worked. I assume it did.
    Tried addachanger.co.uk but they dont have anything to suit it.
    Might have to get the old tape collection out!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

You should get an answer at www.volvospy.com

Cal.

Advertisement