Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Class Rep Constituencies

Options
  • 08-05-2006 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I hear this is where everyone from UCD congregates on the net, so I thought I'd let everyone here know that as a result of the recent changes to the Union Constitution it is necessary to review the Class Representative constituencies of Union Council and that to facilitate this process, I am asking for submissions from members of the Union.

More information is available at http://www.ucdsu.net/newswire.php?story_id=1121

It might be best if discussions about individual courses were held on their own thread, either on the ucdsu.net message boards or here, rather than overcomplicating this thread.

Obviously, noting an idea on an internet forum is no substitute for making a submission.

Please email your submissions to me at returningoffice@gmail.com by Friday June 16th.

Morgan Shelley
    Union Returning Officer
    returningoffice@gmail.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

And here was me worrying about exams!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Helpful advice: Although it's pretty clear from your name who you are, there's a thread for SU-related positions to be made known, and you might find useful stuff there to see where some others are coming from.

What are current plans if any to deal with postgraduate representatives?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Morgan Shelley

What's the url for that thread?

There are currently 10 postgrad constituencies with 22 seats, that's 18% of the total. Final year Architecture and Vet students also each share one seat with their postgrad counterparts.

One of the questions that needs to be considered is whether the current system of very broad multi-seat postgrad constituencies in Arts, Commerce & Science should be replaced with a larger number of one-seat constituencies.

(e.g. replace the 4-seat "Postgraduate Commerce Degrees" constituency with smaller constituencies for each of MAcc, MBS, MBA, etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Red Alert wrote:
    Helpful advice: Although it's pretty clear from your name who you are, there's a thread for SU-related positions to be made known, and you might find useful stuff there to see where some others are coming from.
    I know exactly the one you're on about, but all the searches in the world won't find it for me! Can one of the mods tell us if it was deleted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Truckle decided to have a clean up, so he added the thread in with the Charter and Resources, here

Also with regard to this point
    It might be best if discussions about individual courses were held on their own thread, either on the ucdsu.net message boards or here, rather than overcomplicating this thread.

I would really prefer if this forum wasn't clogged up with multiple threads on the issue. If people want all the threads separate then perhaps discussing it on the official SU newswire would be best.

This forum is not an SU forum and I would prefer to keep it that way.

Steph

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Morgan Shelley

Many thanks to everyone on Boards who contributed to the consultation process that took place over the Summer.

The Class Rep constituencies for the 2006/2007 academic year have been published online at:

http://www.ucdsu.net/newswire.php?story_id=1212

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Any first years who read this dont be hesitant in running for class rep You only need something like 10 signatures from your class to be elected.Its a great way to meet people,make a differnce and have a bit of fun in college. Tis specially good for those of the quiet and shy variety to gain a bit more confidence and come out of your shell a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

panda100 wrote:
    Any first years who read this dont be hesitant in running for class rep You only need something like 10 signatures from your class to be elected.
    10 to be allowed to run. Lets not get any freshers hopes up unnessacerily.

Advertisement