Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

slide guitar music?

Options
  • 08-05-2006 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭

Hey, not sure if this is the right place to post but, im wonderin does anybody know any good slide guitar musicians/bands to listen to? Im a guitar player myself and im looking for sum fast, acoustic, slidey stuff!
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Eric Sardinas is an excellent slide guitarist. Not acoustic, but well worth hearing if you're into slide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Rory Gallagher. I love the slide solo on the song 'Crest of a Wave' specifically.

Maybe some Pink Floyd, I'm not sure exactly what songs he uses slide on...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Beastieboy

18AD wrote:
    Rory Gallagher. I love the slide solo on the song 'Crest of a Wave' specifically.

Maybe some Pink Floyd, I'm not sure exactly what songs he uses slide on...?

Ye 'Crest of a Wave' is excellent (the exact song i was thinking of when i clicked on the forum) i can't believe they didn't put it on the best of released last year it's better than most of the songs on 'Big guns'.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭deaddonkey

blind willie johnson, muddy waters, frank stokes...

lots of early delta blues stuff is slide based.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭LikeOhMyGawd!

Joe Perry (Aerosmith) plays a pretty mean slide guitar, some of the best examples are Rag Doll, Let it Slide, Cheesecake, Draw the Line. For a bit of acoustic/steel sound Hang Man Jury is a great track.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Goto back to the start Robert Johnson

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Derek Trucks from the Dereck Trucks Band and the current lineup of The Allman Brother Band and also Duane Allan from the original lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭dream brother

Muddy Waters would be my main man!

Advertisement