Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Style Tips?

• 08-05-2006 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi,
    Might sound a bit odd, but here goes...
    I've recently started going "out" again after years of staying in at the weekend. And i discovered to my horror, that i have absolutley no style any more! I was always pretty sure of how best to dress for my shape/colouring, but i don't know if its my age (32) or size (5'2,`14) but i seem to be totally out of the stlye loop. I just can't carry off anything any more!
    I'm not ready for twnsets and pearls yet, but how do i make the most of my curves with the constant bombardment of skinny jeans and stripey tops! What are the curvey girls with belly's wearing?:D
    Any suggestions greatly appreciated, also, I am on a pretty limited budget!
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Foxy Loxy, wrapover dresses are the way to go.

Select a style with a low neckline and a size bigger than you'd normally wear (so as not to emphasise any excess tummy you nay have), and the attention will be drawn to yuor bust area. if you feel a little too bare, an eye catching necklace like a chunk of amber covers some skin and looks great. There are wrapover dressed everywhere, but I'd suggest Principles and a_wear.

Kaftans are great things, and River Island have them this season in several colours and styles. Can be worn over jeans, or for a more floaty look, white, wide-leg, linen trousers. Wear a white camisole underneath and summery jewellery in topaz or aqua.

To make you appear taller and slimmer, wedges are the way. Much more comfortable and easier to walk in than heels, they still give you that height and can be taken from day to night.

Alteratively, the Secretary look is always lovely. Team a white shirt with a black pencil skirt and a pair of killer heels and a black sash-cummerbund tied in a large bow at the back. A variation of a male tuxedo, almost!

A slick of red lipstick and a flick of black liquid liner and you're ready to dance your little socks off.

Hope I was of some help!

Advertisement