Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Gumball is over for another year

Options
  • 08-05-2006 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭

Oh to be loaded.

Gumball 2006 took place from the 29th of April until the 7th of May.
    1-2nd May - Europe leg
    3-5th May - Asian leg
    6-7th May - US leg

The overall winners were:
    Team Polizei (#44) - Bentley Continental GT
    Team Torquenstein (#48) - Ford GT

No Veyrons unfortunately :(, but there were a handful of SLR's, a Phantom, an F40, F50, two M5's, some CL's and CLS's, and a shower of Bentleys and Lambos.

Here are the Irish participants. There was another Irish person in green Gallardo, but I'm not sure if it's an Irish car.

Ferrari 360 Spyder
    14kk.th.jpg26ba2.th.jpg

BMW 630 - Driver is actually in a wheelchair, there was a piece in the Irish Times Motors section on him.
    36lu1.th.jpg46ib.th.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Cant see any of those photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Cant see any of those photos.

Are you using IE? They work fine for me on FF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

They also dont work for me.

Try another like imageshack

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Don't work for me in either Firefox or IE ... just get a kind of upload screen for Imagevenue rather than the images themselves.

Sorry about that, I've saved them to my PC and uploaded them, so there you are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

qz, pics aint working - you could be seeing them as they are cached on your own pc?

wonder how long before this is shown on digital

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Omnipresence

Alun wrote:
    Don't work for me in either Firefox or IE ... just get a kind of upload screen for Imagevenue rather than the images themselves.

Same

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I can see them now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭smarty

I can see them fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭AJ!

qz wrote:
    Here are the Irish participants. There was another Irish person in green Gallardo, but I'm not sure if it's an Irish car.

Ferrari 360 Spyder
    14kk.th.jpg26ba2.th.jpg

BMW 630 - Driver is actually in a wheelchair, there was a piece in the Irish Times Motors section on him.
    36lu1.th.jpg46ib.th.jpg
    I didn't know there was an Irish Ferrari in it. Does anyone know who it is? I wonder if they done the whole trip from Europe to Asia to the America? I knew about the Irish BMW but they finished in Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭DOLEMAN

I know a young lad (25 or so) who owns one of those scummy premium rate phone line companies lives in Glenageary, Dublin and has a black Ferrari.

Could be him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

very interesting.i would love to do the gumball as its a once in a lofetime trip.also how much did it cost this year?

and who are the guys that went from dublin?

i was watching the days events on the videos online.(www.gumball3000.com)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

From the Gumball website:

74 Gavin McConnon Irish 2003 Ferrari 360 Spider
    74 Colin Dalton Irish 2003 Ferrari 360 Spider

105 Graham Bolger Irish 2000 BMW 316i Se
    105 Paul Brown Irish 2000 BMW 316i Se

118 Joseph O'Sullivan Irish 2006 Lamborghini Gallardo SE

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

There's a student one this year....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

I spotted that BMW in Blackrock on the Rock Road yesterday morning, he was heading towards the City Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

Tipsy Mac wrote:
    I spotted that BMW in Blackrock on the Rock Road yesterday morning, he was heading towards the City Centre.

and she's only the 630

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

Afaik it cost £60000 stg for this year.............

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

AlanD wrote:
    From the Gumball website:
    74 Gavin McConnon Irish 2003 Ferrari 360 Spider
    74 Colin Dalton Irish 2003 Ferrari 360 Spider

105 Graham Bolger Irish 2000 BMW 316i Se
    105 Paul Brown Irish 2000 BMW 316i Se
    http://www.car74.com/ has Gavin & Colin's trip report.

And http://www.spokeout.com/diary.php has Graham's diary, with pictures here.

I can't imagine what they're going to do next year. How do you top going all over the world?

Kersh wrote:
    Afaik it cost £60000 stg for this year.............
    if thats true then its a rip off.i would pay 15-20k for it as everything is included except petrol and fines:D . but 60k sounds steep.

• Advertisement

drdre wrote:
    if thats true then its a rip off.i would pay 15-20k for it as everything is included except petrol and fines:D . but 60k sounds steep.
    I think it was £15-20k last year. This year the cars and participants had to be flown from Europe to Asia and then to America and that's not cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

drdre wrote:

In fairness, value for money isn't really the spirit of the gumball!

Even more accidents this year. I wonder when the first gumball fatality will be.

Surely that would be the end of it.

ronoc wrote:
    Even more accidents this year. I wonder when the first gumball fatality will be.

Surely that would be the end of it.

Yeah, I've seen a wrecked Phantom and Murcielago from this year. Ever see the Torquenstein crash in the Viper a few years back? Mother of God, can't believe he survived!

AJ! wrote:
    I think it was £15-20k last year. This year the cars and participants had to be flown from Europe to Asia and then to America and that's not cheap.
    yeah i think thats why its expensive this year.

any pics of wreck this year eg phantom and other cars.thanks

qz wrote:
    Yeah, I've seen a wrecked Phantom and Murcielago from this year. Ever see the Torquenstein crash in the Viper a few years back? Mother of God, can't believe he survived!

There was another bad one that year.
    A highly tuned Cossie spun out after hitting a gravel patch trying to overtake, on the hard shoulder....
    ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD.

The car was totally trashed. The roll cage saved both of them who walked away. However one of them infact broke a few bones including one in his back.

You don't hear about that side of the gumball much!

Edit: Lots of Gumball crashes in this video:
    http://video.google.com/ThumbnailServer?app=vss&contentid=21a3897b1e8aa89&second=5&itag=w320&urlcreated=1147334784&sigh=l-zNuGTppXdz4rML8tpp-Cp8MiY

The other videos:
    http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=extreme+tv+gumball

ronoc wrote:
    There was another bad one that year.
    A highly tuned Cossie spun out after hitting a gravel patch trying to overtake, on the hard shoulder....
    ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD.

That'd be the Reyland Cosworth.. being led in convoy by the Mayor of Marrakesh.

Fastest recorded Cossie @ 194.7mph. Also held/holds the Guinness World Record for the fastest caravan tow at 128.8mph (not sure if the Norris Designs Evo surpased that though)

Before
    Reyland1.jpg

After
    xpbqqd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

Sorry, it was 60k euro, or 40k sterling, my mistake - from gumballers.net -
    As we have done in past years, as loyal past Gumballers you will recieve a discount of 20% with the total entry fee being £30,000 to you (based on 2 persons per car); and £40,000 to new participants.

wow that cosworth looks in bits:D

thank god the people walked away safely.

• Advertisement

drdre wrote:
    wow that cosworth looks in bits:D

thank god the people walked away safely.

The reg plate for the trip was L700NY

Advertisement