Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perlico good or bad??

• 08-05-2006 7:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

Just wondering dose anyone have broadband with Perlico because i am thinking of getting my first broatband. They are offering an anytime phone service for €29.99 including line rental and unlimited broadband for €19.99. I only surf the net and dont download much.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

So €50 for both line Rental/BB(1mbit I'd say)/Call package.

Whats in the call package....free Ireland&Uk calls?

Find out what EXACTLY you get in their call package because they can call their normal eircom price type charges a call package if they wish!

Bt would offer you 1Mbit/Line Rental for €35 a month but they Call Pakage is basically eircoms....but I think for an extra €15 a month you get free Ireland calls.
    Eircom would charge you €30 for 1Mbit BB and €24 for line rental alone with their normals calls on top.

Do the math as your going to get locked into a 6Month caontract with whoever you choose...(I think)...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭DOLEMAN

I don't know anything about their services, but I can tell you the company is full of idiotic, aggressive sales people. My experience with them was so bad that I will never ever use them.

Basically, their sales pitch was "you're a ****ing stupid idiot for not using us". No amount of "please go away" would stop their phone calls and e-mails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

Judging by their tv ads they look shambolic. I'd say you're better off with Smart or BT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

jhud wrote:
    Just wondering dose anyone have broadband with Perlico because i am thinking of getting my first broatband. They are offering an anytime phone service for €29.99 including line rental and unlimited broadband for €19.99. I only surf the net and dont download much.

If you, or anyone, has printed material saying "Unlimited Broadband", complain to the ASAI .. as it's far from unlimited
    There is no fixed IP address option. The download allowance is 6GB per month. If you go over this generous limit then we reserve the right to charge you for any additional data (at 3cent inc VAT per MB).
    which is one of the worst limits in the industry. Post it to me, if you don't want to complain, so that I can.

You'll find better value than Perlico, more generous limits, and a company less deliberately misleading in their advertising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Just to let ppl no Perlico BB is actually Supplied By UTV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

have just changed to perlico.It said Unlimited Broad band.Is it not???
    what else do I need to know??I tokk the E50 all in package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

cathy01 wrote:
    what else do I need to know??I tokk the E50 all in package.
    It is not "Unlimited".
    There is no fixed IP address option. The download allowance is 12GB per month. If you go over this generous limit then we reserve the right to charge you for any additional data (at 3cent inc VAT per MB).

This data allowance is calculated on a daily basis and if you are consistently above this amount we reserve the right to suspend or permanently disconnect your account in the first month that you are over. You can check how much monthly data usage statistics at any time simply by logging onto our websites customer area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Just wondering if people here ever read the T&C?

It's amazing the amount who are asking what the catches are...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

cathy01 wrote:

Its not unlimited at all . Read this term very carefully about the 12Gb
    This data allowance is calculated on a daily basis and if you are consistently above this amount we reserve the right to suspend or permanently disconnect your account in the first month that you are over. You can check how much monthly data usage statistics at any time simply by logging onto our websites customer area

It means.

1. Your allowance is 12Gb in a month and we check daily .
    2. The day you go over 12Gb in any month (month being calculated from signup or from calendar dunno they says not ) we can the suspend you.
    3. We do not have to reconnect you for the rest of the whole contract period , piss off .

So If you burst your 12Gb on the 10th day of month 1 they can then kick you off and do not have to let you back on . Nevertheless you must pay for the full contract ( 6 months) and then a disconnect fee even though they disconnected you .

All quite legal so read those T&C's

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Just to let ppl no Perlico BB is actually Supplied By UTV
    And UTV is supplied by BT, who are supplied by eircom, so you can imagine the amount of people your problem, if you have one, has to be transferred through.

I expect that if a perlico customer has a problem, the resulting eircom tech gets "purple monkey dishwasher" on their work queue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

CuLT wrote:
    And UTV is supplied by BT, who are supplied by eircom, so you can imagine the amount of people your problem, if you have one, has to be transferred through.

I expect that if a perlico customer has a problem, the resulting eircom tech gets "purple monkey dishwasher" on their work queue.
    Is it????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,431 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Its not unlimited at all

i gues under the advertising standards they would claim they are trying to seperate themselves from time limited packages as opposed to data caps whcih all the lower end packages have ( i think)

they should really have to state this but hey the asai is funded by the advertisers so not really suprising

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

kaizersoze wrote:
    Is it????
    To the best of my recollection. Sponge Bob or some nice IOFFL chap could probably confirm either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Perlico Tech support is actually UTV etc so they must have something more in common

So far, and I only have the liand line a week.The phone is going dead.Even when I ring my own mobile , I get a engaged tone.Even though its beside me.I am sick of it already.I might wait till I get some rotter thingy??Maybe that will help, but I think that only works with the internet and has nothing to do with the land line.
    thanks all.
    Cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭dent

I nearly got sucked in. I got the sales call yesterday and asked the sales guy "So this is unlimited downloads right?" to which he replied "Yes Mr XXXXX it is".

Just of the phone to them there. Order cancelled.

Reckon its an email to com regg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I ordered them recently, getting rid of my digiweb connection when it is installed. I am sorry now :o

Hi all.I gave up.I still had no land land.I rang on my mobile and spoke to the lovely answering machine.I then loged my fault.Three days later I rang up head office.Turns out...they never loged my fault.I will have to wait another 48 hours for it to be fixed.I asked to speak to the manager.I was told ...wait for it...there is a 24 hour wait to speak to the manager because there is so many complaints.
    I rang up eircom and have changed back.
    I will never, ever, never go to Perlico again.It will take 25 days for eircom to change me back.Thats 25 days with no land line and perlico sitting pretty.
    if anyone is thinking of changeing over dont

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Anyone having severe difficulty with perlico speeds today? Living in meath/louth area, left pc on downloading stuff when I went to work, came home, internet gone, downloads barely changed, and now I am downloading at less than 9.8 KB/s :confused::mad:

Piece of sh1te perlico.... First time Iv'e had a problem tbh, But man,it's worse than fvcking dial up atm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭campers

No idea about their broadband; but my parents are with them for voice.

While they are definitely competitive (ie, cheap); we've been left without phone service for over week.

Their customer service centre (staffed by exceptionally polite Scottish ladies) is next to useless. The can't work their own CMS system, and have to contact/email HQ for all queries.

We were promised three call-backs which never materialised.

They can't even establish if Perlico have reported the linefault to Eircom yet...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

In the wild world of conspiracy theories, has anyont thought that perhaps it is Eircom fecking around with the Perlico lines? Whenever a service pops up in an area that uses Eircom's equipment/lines, problems always occur. Look at the hassle Smart have had with Eircom holding up the exchanges...

Advertisement