Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From Direct labour to Builder ..

Options
  • 08-05-2006 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I was about to start my new house going the direct labour route ... I thought, hey! this seems like a big saving but the more I looked into it, the more threads I read and advise I get I have now decided to hire a builder ... To be honest I just have not got the time and experiance to be on site as much as reqd. Here's the question ... Has anyone used or can recommend a builder in the Dublin 15 or 7 area as I'm more or less ready to go ...

Cheers ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Salem

Sorry about the double post guys ... The square thing in front of me crashed ...

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Viking House

Hi Salem,

If you are interested, I am a "Sustainable builder" and I would be happy to take a look at what you are proposing, if you want. Drop me a PM if interested and I can drop over to you some evening and have a look at what you propose!

All the best.

Seamus
    www.viking-house.net

• Registered Users Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭mel123

Give us a bit more info, what do u want them to do, build the house, supervise the people building ur house or do the whole lot? when u say ur 'ready to go'??

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Salem

I was ready to put date on commencement notice and send it in ... I have different friends of friends lined up for the trades from site clearance to 2nd fixings but I'm not 100% sure who needs to be on site and when ... I can not be on site to supervise, order/receive materials, keep an eye on the lads etc ... I have been told it would be a nice project for a builder within a radius to take on ... To be honest I have a roof over my head while its going on and we just don't need the hassle ..

Advertisement