Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dodgy Service on Car

Options
  • 08-05-2006 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭

I recently got a service done on my Fabia at an offical Skoda Garage...

The Car then had 56K on the Clock and now 61K...

It has in the last few weeks being shuddering at idle to the extent it is damn annoying and shuddering and losing power when accelerating through gears...

Now I paid €240 for a full service but what I did not expect was it to fail at this stage or become sluggish, I am getting an army mechanic tomorrow to look at it, one the best around, so if he confirms my suspicions in regards to the service either not being done properly or literally not being done at all, what are my options and do I have any comeback as I am thinking of approaching the Police on the grounds of a fraudulent acitvity as a car could very easily crash if it is not mechanicially sound and they could be classed as taking money under false pretenses...

Although I am going to approach the garage first before if I get told my suspicions, what do ya think ?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I doubt if the garage can be blamed for a fault that occured 5,000 miles after it was serviced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

woody wrote:
    I recently got a service done on my Fabia at an offical Skoda Garage...

The Car then had 56K on the Clock and now 61K...

It has in the last few weeks being shuddering at idle to the extent it is damn annoying and shuddering and losing power when accelerating through gears...

Now I paid €240 for a full service but what I did not expect was it to fail at this stage or become sluggish, I am getting an army mechanic tomorrow to look at it, one the best around, so if he confirms my suspicions in regards to the service either not being done properly or literally not being done at all, what are my options and do I have any comeback as I am thinking of approaching the Police on the grounds of a fraudulent acitvity as a car could very easily crash if it is not mechanicially sound and they could be classed as taking money under false pretenses...

Although I am going to approach the garage first before if I get told my suspicions, what do ya think ?

Relax Woody. It could be something as simple as dirty fuel. Take it back to the garage and explain the problem to them. BTW the Gardai (or Police as you call them) would not be in the slightest bit interested in this sort of thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

take a step back. It's not that bad!

Just bring it down to the garage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭cargrouch

Litcagral wrote:
    BTW the Gardai (or Police as you call them) would not be in the slightest bit interested in this sort of thing!
    Seconded! They have plenty of difficult to prove cases without investigating a spluttery Fabia.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Tell the dealer you have reported him on the internet, and that the army are being called in. :D

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭maidhc

esel wrote:
    Tell the dealer you have reported him on the internet, and that the army are being called in. :D

He will probably still laugh!

When a mechanic services a car he does not in anyway guarantee it will not break down or that a part will not fail. The reason for this is he cannot because a car has about 10k different parts and any one of them could fail at any time.

Advertisement