Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the best provider for me ?

• 08-05-2006 8:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

ok i live in claregalway galway and was wondering what would be the best dsl opption for me.i have leap at the moment and its good enough but the ping is 90-130 for games so want some thing a little bit faster response times.my bro uses bittorrent allout and was wondering what would be the best package with a good upload and dwload.i am willing to pay under100e a month.tnx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

UTV Internet. 3Mb
    €20.99 for first 3 months with No Cap.
    After 3 months it's €39.99 with 20 GB Cap
    or
    €45.99 with No Cap.

You get free local, national and UK calls...evenings +weekends.

Line Rental is extra €24.

whats the upload.tnx and also do the companies accutaly stick to there caps and charge you..

Upload is 364Kb/s i think. UTV do stick to the cap allowance, but like I said, you can get a no cap option. You'll get it free 1st 3 months.

ok tnx anymore options.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Home DSL comes in the form of:
    1M/128k
    2M/256k
    3M/384k

Do some research on BT as its cheaper than UTV...ther is a risk of getting bad bills(of which I never had any)....but it appears to be a problem none the less.

How much are you willing to spend anyway and is there a wireless provider in your area as they can easily provide faster uploads than DSL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

zuma wrote:
    Do some research on BT as its cheaper than UTV...ther is a risk of getting bad bills(of which I never had any)....but it appears to be a problem none the less.

Before you choose BT please look very carefully at some of the BT threads in this forum. Also look here

You might be lucky and have no problems with BT whatsoever, but be careful and learn from the experiences of others.

ok anymore info.

awhir wrote:
    ok anymore info.
    Yes, get off your ass and do the rest yourself. You've been given enough info :cool:

Advertisement