Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stalker

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

*yawn* really.

It's been so bloody long now and sfa to really show. A few vids, few screenshots and an alpha demo.

Actually believed it was dead and buried.

Hope I'm wrong with the final game tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

yeah its looking kinda dated now, this & duke nukem forever will be launch titles on the Phantom

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

yeah its looking kinda dated now

It isnt the graphics that make this game one to watch. Crysis etc etc is there for that. So long as the graphics are at least bearable (they are), and it does half what is claimed then it will be an instant purchase imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I've been looking forward to this since I first heard of it (2+ yrs ago?), but they keep pushing it back...and back....doesn't bode well for what they've promised if you're of a pessimistic nature like myself. Okay so they may be tweaking and getting the dynamics and code right for what they've promised...or they're having trouble implementing the game systems that will make it great, and it jsut ends up another generic fps is a nice setting, with so-so graphics

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Yeah been waiting for ages for this game. Will buy it when its out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

i remember hearing they didnt want to release it close to hl2 or doom3, got their wish there anyway :D
    but i will still buy it when it comes out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

you all say you will buy it when it comes out, why? you havent played it or know what it will be like

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

madrab wrote:
    you all say you will buy it when it comes out, why? you havent played it or know what it will be like

You could say that about a lot of (upcoming) games. Stalker sounded really promising, particularly regarding the AI.

I've pretty much lost interesting in it though, it's been so long. If it's good when it finally comes out I'll definitely get it, but I'm done reading up about it or getting my hopes up, they've pushed it back so many times it's just getting silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

This game was announced to be the 'HL2 beater', and was set for release before HL2, but even then it didnt sound or look too impressive, overa year later the first person weapons still look utterly eye meltingly awful, and nothing I have seen from this game has me interested in buying it, Ill probably ignore this game altogether on its release (in about 2009).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Pugsley wrote:
    Ill probably ignore this game altogether on its release (in about 2009).

Ah come on now, that's a bit optimistic isn't it? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

koneko wrote:
    Ah come on now, that's a bit optimistic isn't it? ;)
    Some of us havent learned from DN:F :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I was really looking forward to this game. I even listened to developer interviews and movies.... They were supposed to be using 'pure' directx 9 etc.
    Can believe its that long ago that it first surfaced - waste of a lot of money and time.

Advertisement