Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solution for Ipod clicking HD

Options
  • 08-05-2006 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭

If after trying the reset and nothing works then below is a possible solution.

I kept getting the contact Apple support after resetting and the HD was still clicking on power up.

Here is what I did...

Open the Ipod up and disconnect the battery from the main board. Count to 10 and then reconnect the battery. Close Ipod. Apply power

This works on my 40G Gen 4 Ipod.

Note don't do this if your Ipod is under warranty best to contact Apple to repair it. See other threads on that options.

Later,

Scenic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭ffocused

I got a new 60GB ipod a few weeks ago and the hard drive clicks in it too and i can feel the vibration from the click through the case, i thought nothing of it.

I have had 2 ipods previous to this one but none had this noise, is it something to be concerned about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭Scenic911

If you don't have a goto apple site for support it prob be fine.

If yu are still worried try a restore on the iPod updater..there was one released in 23/3/06

Later,

Scenic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭ffocused

ok, nothing to worry about so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Usually a clicking hdd is one that is about to die.

Advertisement