Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The greatest marketing thread in history

Options
  • 08-05-2006 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

This section is rapidly becoming a graveyard for marketing discussion: look at the average amount of posts per thread. Its pretty poor and reflects the low level of discussion taking place, e.g. "anyone know where I can get my mickey screen printed etc.".

In the interests of kicking off something resembling a thread worthy of the marketeers of Ireland, I'm sending the following thought out to bat:
    Market to the many, sell to the few. But... in order to truly be a great marketer you must master both.....

I reckon everyone serious about marketing should serve time in raw, unadulterated sales. Sell for a living for a while, learn the realities of closing the "great leads" you hand to the sales teams you bitch about, and walk a mile in their shoes. I'll guaranatee you'll view both your job and theirs in a different light forever more.

Anyone up to the challenge? Whos spent time in both camps? Can you be a great marketer without time in sales, and vice versa? Lets be having you...

Advertisement