Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Doctor Who (02x04)

• 08-05-2006 10:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭

Really liked the episode at the weekend, Girl in the Fireplace. Definitely the strongest of the season so far and the new Doctor finally proved his worth I think.

Good enough craic having Mickey hanging out with them too. Wasn't sure it would be a good idea but they seemed to pull it off quite well.

Doctor's certainly having a lot more luck with the ladys this year.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Agreed, it was definitely this years best. I really liked it a lot, I think the season has hit it's groove.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Preferred "School Reunion" myself, although that's got a lot to do with having seen "The Deadly Assassin" when I was a child and wanting a proper reckoning ("The Five Doctors" aside, as well as the various novels). Thought the characterisation was excellently handled in that one.

This was good in that it was more sci-fi than previous installments. Not sure how the geek in me likes the Doctor having a streak of romance in him seeing as we never saw any hint of anything sexual in the original series (and before you say it, Susan was the Other's Granddaughter brought forward in time before the Rani curse to be merged with the Other reloomed - e.g. the Doctor. It says so in "Lungbarrow". So he didn't do the dirty 'coz he's sterile, along with the rest of his people, so there! :p).

Next weeks, of course, looks excellent.

Oh and congrats to the show for getting Best Drama and the People's Choice award at the Baftas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I loved this episode..... clever, funny, sad, exciting. Great TV.

Next week... Trigger and the Cybermen. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Just saw this now, absolutely fantastic episode. This and the werewolf episode makes 2 great episodes for me, this season. Looking forward to Cybermen :D

Advertisement