Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!

Options
  • 08-05-2006 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭

Like a silly moo I've typed my notes and now my printer wont work so I can't print them to look over (i.e. learn for the first time) in the morning. Anybody got any clue what to do when the printer wont detect an ink cartridge? I opened it and checked that it was in okay and all, and I was using it yesteday and all was fine.

*panics*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Bugger!
    Head into college super early in the morning & print em out in there?
    Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

No print credit in stupid printer ac and can't afford to wait for half eight for the library or i wont get parking in the rds or even get there by half nine in the traffic or for get to study cos of the lateness..aggghhh! thanks for the suggestion.

*starts writing*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Go into the 'trouble-shooting' file under 'help' on the printer file... it may have a solution there... good luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

An idea would be to use the printer software to tell the printer to clean the cartridges... might perk the computer and coax it into realising that the cartridges are full!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I presume you're running Windows XP of some description...

Unplug printer from PC
    Open the printer and remove the cartridges (all of them!)
    Turn printer off and on again
    Now put in the cartridges and make sure the metal contacts are clean
    Re-install them
    Turn printer on and plug into PC.

Hope this works, If not PM me as i've got free access to a printer in our lab.

Buying advice for everyone else: next time buying a printer go for a Laser printer. They're a bit more pricey and only do black and white but they cost a **** load less to run and are much faster! I haven't looked back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Yea do what RA said.

And always go for B&W laser. You don't need colour printing 95% of the time and laser printers are cheaper to run in the long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

All done, didn't work. Thanks for trying guys. I'll see if I can email them to someone to bring to me in the morning.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Hard luck.
    At least that's your bad luck out of the way.
    It'll be a good day tomorrow so.

Advertisement