Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII news

Options
  • 08-05-2006 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭

swiped from eurogamer forums

This was posted on Neogaf by koam, apparently from the new EGM mag:

$249 Price tag
    Virtual Console (we knew this)
    3d Controller (we knew this)
    ALWAYS online (console is always online, even when OFF)
    Built in speaker on the controller

-No improved graphics on Virtual Console (as in, they aren't redoing the models, doesn't talk about framerates and such).
    -TG16 will have it's 1st party games out at launch, 3rd party will come later as demand increases.
    -Estimated prices for the VC are "a few dollars for NES, $5 for SNES and $10 for N64"
    -VC games are pro-scan enabled.
    -$250 "seems appropriate"
    -More 3rd party exclusives than the Cube

-Zelda is 80% complete, delay was for graphic tweaks, wii functions and because they want the game to be measured on a scale of 1 to 120 instead of 1 to 100.
    -NO SWINGING THE CONTROLLER for the sword, you just press a button. There are some cases where you will swing though. Reason = you'll get tired too fast
    -Controller does sound effects
    -Widescreen on the REV only!
    -Navi is only when you play on the REV.
    -Something with online is planned but no battle mode.
    -More dungeons than OOT already
    -More items too

Metroid Prime 3 - No launch for you! 2007 release
    Godzilla (atari) and Snoopy vs the Red Baron (namco) announced
    Mario Revolution - Fall 2006
    Smash Bros - Fall 2006

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

speaker in the controller....interesting. Nintendo will make a killing from the downloadable games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

evad_lhorg wrote:
    Controller does sound effects

That sounds very cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

That sounds very cool.
    It does, presuming that effects files are capable of being sent to the controller so that each game will have its own set. Otherwise, why bother.

Roll on the Star Wars game!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Would be interesting to know how much we will be charged in Ireland to d/l the older games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

hey hey quick answer/....... anyone using the gamespot live feed? i find i cant get some stream things to work. dont know if this is another or if its just a blank screen with nothing under it or on it.

is there anything i need installed?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

The "no swinging for sword" kinda flies in the face of the Time magazine article doing the rounds at the moment, maybe you can change the options yourself?

Meh, 250 dollars means 250 euro... decent enough price I guess. Speaker in the controller sounds cool though, I'll wait until tomorrow for 100% confirmations though.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

-More dungeons than OOT already
    -More items too
    Fantastic. :)
    My main criticism of WW was too few dungeons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Surprised noones said the price is too expensive, isnt nintendos whole concept to be so much cheaper than the competitors? you could get a 360 core for €300 at launch.

Suppose we will have to wait to see if thats accurate, but I reckon they will be pricing themselves out of the market (in a weird way) if thats the price of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

skywalker wrote:
    Surprised noones said the price is too expensive, isnt nintendos whole concept to be so much cheaper than the competitors? you could get a 360 core for €300 at launch.

Suppose we will have to wait to see if thats accurate, but I reckon they will be pricing themselves out of the market (in a weird way) if thats the price of it.
    i was thinking the samething, and the 360 is due a price reduction around this november too, so you will probably pick up a premium for around 300eur then

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

no swinging the controller kind of sucks. so what if fat americans get tired? i want to swing my wii at people!

they better not do that in all games. first lightsaber game that comes out BETTER involve swinging!

(bless nintendo and their ability to allow for loads of double-entendres)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

no swinging the controller kind of sucks. so what if fat americans get tired? i want to swing my wii at people!

they better not do that in all games. first lightsaber game that comes out BETTER involve swinging!

whats wrong with thrusting your wii-wand at people?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I think there would be a real-life Revenge of the Nerds if they launched a SW game on the Wii and didn't allow you to use the controller as a lightsabre.

I hope they'll give people the option; the novelty might wear off after a while but actual sword fighting is one of the best applications in standard gaming so far; maybe the report was mis-interpreted... I can imagine that you'd press a button AND swing, because you might be using the controller to manover your character up until then and you need to tell the game that you're suddenly using it for a different reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

evad_lhorg wrote:
    ALWAYS online (console is always online, even when OFF)

I don't get this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

The "no-swing" thing is only for Zelda.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Earthhorse wrote:
    I don't get this.
    I take it it means you can set something to download, switch it 'off' (standby), come back later and it will be done. Or something similar.

Advertisement