Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Computer GAme Soundtracks

• 09-05-2006 4:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭

Hello all.

I'm writing my masters thesis on computer game music and there's nothing written about it so far academically. I'm wondering if you can help. I'm just looking for anything on computer game soundtracks.. what ones stick in your head, enforce the action in a game, go against the action in any game or generally have never left your head since you were 10 years old playing games like digdug...

I'm looking for anything here. Just throw in what you thought was a catchy/interesting/weird/crap/funny soundtrack to a computer game and why you thought it was so. I'll be very grateful for a reply to this..

Thanks all, and good gaming,,

:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Dont know if its much help, I like the GTA Vice City soundtrack. The game has the songs on the radio, most of them are 80s tunes and I like listening to them, very retro :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

This is the third thread you have posted on this subject!! Seriously wtf is wrong with one??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭turnback

Ah I'm sorry. I just needed some exposure for the subject, Not everyone who likes games looks at the music section, and vice versa..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭Flankerb

Gran Turismo series has always had great soundtracks. They used a mix of known and unknown artist to add intensity to all the games. The intro sequences are always amazing especially GT4 the operatic Moon Over The Castle(I think) cutting into Kasabians Reason is Treason is brilliant.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

The Eldar Scrolls Morrowind and Oblivion have and always will stick in my head.

Linky: http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/downloads_music.htm

I like it for the catchy little melodies. Something nice to hum whilst playing. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭HusseinSarhan

The original Doom first person shooter for PC and Diablo have great soundtracks. There is no simple forumal though. The soundtrack has to suit the theme of the game and what's happening at the time. Age of Empires is pretty good to, as are all the Total War series.

What type of game is this going to be?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

The music for Megaman 2 on the Nes. Legend stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

All the final fantasys haave AMAZING soundtracks. VIII is my personal fave, but they're all wonderful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

I'd agree with the final fantasy games.
    Half life 2 has a really good soundtrack and it ties in well the atmosphere of the game. gets really fast dance/techno during exciting actiony bits!

Advertisement