Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Game MUsic

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Shadow of Colossus soundtrack and anything by Nintendo.

Oh and for an odd touch... Resident Evil music :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Rhyme wrote:
    Oh and for an odd touch... Resident Evil music :)
    Ahh, makes me think of that great Resident evil episode of Spaced. They stick in music from RE2 throughout the episode and it's all instantly recognisable.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Vib Ribbon came out on the original Playstation towards the end of it's life and it had a crazy Japanese Pop soundtrack. Really upbeat, electronic and weird.
    The Medal of Honour Series on the original playstation was also notable for the quality of it's music by Michael Giacchino who went on to do some music for films and currently for the TV series Lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

One of the most memorable tunes in any game that I can remember is the victory tune from Final Fantasy VII. Oh, and the intro music from Final Fantasy VII! Also you should check out the Faye Wong track that featured in Final Fantasy 8; "Eyes On Me". Great song, an orchestral version was also recorded.

Also, the boss music from Sonic The Hedgehog 1 was very scary...when I was kid, anyway. All those booming drums, etc! Yeah Resident Evil had some amazing music. Really good stuff, you should check that out.

I guess the Zelda theme music is pretty rousing and anthemic.

Haha or the Toejam And Earl music!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Johnny M

check out the music in the game 'Crime Fighters' ...an old capcom arcade game..u can get it on MAME now...great soundtrack ! also Streetfighter 2 music was pretty good, of course mario as has been mentioned...if it sticks in your head its done its job...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

Have a listen to the theme tune for Civ IV, it's some kinda African tribal song I think...different to the usual stuff, I have no idea what they're saying but it's the catchiest song I've ever heard in a computer game.

Oh and anything by Jeremy Soule. He kinda bridges the gap between traditional orchestral arangements and computer game orangements. I'm sure he's well respected in both fields, which maybe wouldn't have been possible a couple of years back.

Advertisement