Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fecking Wife Swap

• 09-05-2006 7:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭

That blasted show dragged me into its evil clutches last night - and I ended up watching the whole lot... There really are some people that need to be removed from the gene pool. This week it featured some fecking page-3 wannabe who owned a pink limo and wore pink fluffy shíte all the time. 2 kids but she only spent time really with her daughter. They swapped with a couple who lived out on an island off the coast of England somewhere.

Anyway, what really did me head in was not the complete lack of intelligence shown by this bimbo but the fact that she allows her 9 year old kid to drink WKD like it was coke! The 'swapped' wife got upset when she saw this - which is totally understandable. The poor kid is going to have a lot of problems later on i think. It seemed these ejits didnt realise how bad their parenting was until they appeared on the show... I dunno... incredible stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I saw that. Social services should be on to them soon hopefully. They were pouring out the WKD like a bottle of coke. Wonder what the other kids' parents think now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Great show imo. I'd say Child Services will be investigating the family. I thought it was over exaggerated with the issue about the drink (although still very serious), as in maybe she had some drink at Christmas or whatever. However when the mother returned and the daughter said to her she took away my Wikid I nearly fúcking died. The parents should be locked up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

There was another one before where the parents basically had thier 8 year old daughter as a slave. She was expected to have made them brekfast in bed and cleaned the house for them and make dinner.

After that show they got thier child taken off them, so I suspect the same will happen here.

Was disgraceful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭FillSpectre

Hobbes wrote:
    After that show they got thier child taken off them, so I suspect the same will happen here.
    Is there any link to this? I never heard of anything actually happening to these people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

Mexicola wrote:
    That blasted show dragged me into its evil clutches last night

Happened to me too last night.
    Always remind yourself that these programs are freak-shows designed to make more normal people feel better about themselves.

Like victorians looking at the mad people in bedlam or citizens jeering at the savages being led in chains through Rome during one of their generals' triumphs. It's all pretty diseased.

Thinking like this helps the sanity.
    Mexicola wrote:
    This week it featured some fecking page-3 wannabe who owned a pink limo and wore pink fluffy shíte all the time. 2 kids but she only spent time really with her daughter.

Her milquetoast "partner"TM:) was even more interesting IMO.
    Everything the new modrun man should be!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

seen two now where one of the couples seperated after the show!

they purposely put the two complete opposite mums with each other. hence people "supposedly" being dragged into its evil clutches. ya could alwyas change channel ya know...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

^It's hard if you start watching it though. Like dragging your eyes away from a streaker or an accident scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

fly agaric...LOL...LOL...twitchyness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

Hvae ye seen the American version? that is terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

The American version is much, much worse. Right now all they seem to be doing is swapping a redneck family in with some rich, well to do family. Gets a bit boring.

• Advertisement
Advertisement