Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Breakdown In Europe

Options
  • 09-05-2006 8:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

I'm planning on doing some driving in Europe soon. Just wondering if anyone has any advice on breakdown coverage on the continent (just in case!). Is it worth signing up to the likes of the AA/RAC or getting some local breakdown numbers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I have used the AA 5 Star package in the past and it saved me a lot of hassle on one occassion. It can be very very costly to get towed off a motorway in Europe. One breakdown will far exceed the cost of AA/RAC cover. My advice would be not to travel without it.

If your car is new enough to be still under guarantee bring ALL relevent documentation with you. It might be useful.

Advertisement