Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

the crowd on raw last night

• 09-05-2006 8:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭

WTF????? were they dead or what:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Yeah so I heard. It apparently hurt the ECW stuff pretty bad.

It was in Anaheim and ever since I've been watching wrestling its always been pretty dead in terms of atmosphere when they go there especially since they often get good events.

The Bret Hart v Shawn Michaels Iron match was there and apparently a good deal of them left (seemily 40% according to Meltzer) before the match even ended and even then the people that were there were really quiet.

Plus California is not a place ECW really got over in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

The ECW stuff especially, I just don't think it gets over with the majority of WWE fans. Tommy Dreamer did a lot for ECW, and any ECW fan would practically worship him, but I'd say a lot of the fans at Raw just remember him as the jobber on Raw who drank toilet water

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Fozzy wrote:
    The ECW stuff especially, I just don't think it gets over with the majority of WWE fans. Tommy Dreamer did a lot for ECW, and any ECW fan would practically worship him, but I'd say a lot of the fans at Raw just remember him as the jobber on Raw who drank toilet water

Thats true on Dreamer. He was just a glorified jobber in the WWE. Its hard to get people to care about jobbers.

But geography matters too. They would have cared alot more if it had been in New York, Chicago, Philadelphia etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

I noticed that about the crowd too. I record Raw live, but this week, thanks to the axe to the face known as NTL Digital, it froze and all I got for the last 30 mins was a black screen!
    When that "Arrrrrmando yada yada Essstrrrrada" comes out saying "My name is Arrrmando....", I really hope one week The Rock returns and gives it an "It doesn't matter what your name is!" Seeing as they were in California I was hoping, but no dice. He said recently he may return, but for what capacity? Also being half samoan could set him up for a feud with Umaga? Wishful thinking maybe....:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭cookie dough 61

^^ Very wishful thinking, Id say. Plus if/when The Rock does come back, he won't go anywhere near Umaga. If it was to happen,I'd say he'd go against Orton (3rd generation against 3rd generation). But who knows...??!

Back on topic, I think to be fair to the crowd, Raw was a bit of a dud. At least I thought so. Only two matches (4-way IC dance & the main event) were worth a mention. And they were well into theses matches... even if they didnt chant ECW as RVD requested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I daknow..Rock and Umaga are cousins, so if Umaga started gettin over, Rock might like to help get him over a bit more if he were to come back for a while. Although I can't really see him gettin over enough for Rock to get involved

I was watchin Raw live, but I actually got a bit fed up by main event time. I switched it back to see what the story was, and with the screen blank, I felt justified!

I was watchin Unlimited too, Vince said that he has a crazy idea for "RDV" next week

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Interesting:

from wrestlezone:

At last night's Smackdown tapings in San Diego, CA, there was a new t-shirt featuring The Rock. The front of the t-shirt read, "How Long Of A Time Its Been" and the back of the t-shirt read, "It Doesn't Matter How Long Of A Time Its Been!"

http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=149302330

Sorry for straying from the original topic btw.

Advertisement