Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fight breaks out at SummerSlam commercial shoot

• 09-05-2006 9:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

From WWE.com - http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/2718720

SmackDown Superstars Batista and Booker T got into a knockdown, drag-out fight Monday afternoon on the set of World Wrestling Entertainment’s SummerSlam commercial shoot in Encino, California. Director of WWE Television Promotions, John Gaburick, tells WWE.com the fight broke out during the filming of a scene in the commercial which will be used to promote SummerSlam later this year. “The fight lasted at least five minutes, it was a brutal, bloody, vicious affair,” says Gaburick. “It took JBL, Mark Henry, Chris Benoit, Finlay and road agent Ricky Steamboat to finally break things up.”

Gaburick says, “Both men were banged up pretty good, both men were bloodied up.” After the fight, Booker T and Batista went behind closed doors to try and clear the air. Gaburick says both Booker T and Batista finished their required work on the commercial before leaving the set. When asked what the fight was about, Gaburick would only say “it’s a personal issue between two men.”

The SummerSlam commercial was filmed Sunday using RAW Superstars and Monday using SmackDown competitors.

me thinks - work or shoot?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

sorry hon, didnt see this thread, :o

but a work.... several wrestlers there, no one stopped it, both men were bloodied and battered and they took them both behind doors to sort it and they finished the commercial.... ehhh???:rolleyes: could have made it more believable, but hey we have a fued for summerslam :D how bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Well looking at the Description really gives it away as a work. Coulda got JR and King to call the fight like that. "This one is a slobber knocker" :D Also if it were a shoot, then both men would certainly be punished for a fighting like that. But a fued with Booker T and Batista would be worth the watch and also shows that Booker T is getting a push up the ladder too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

A blatent work - the fact that WWE would put it up on their site is enough of an indication. Should be a good fued though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

it was on prowrestlings headlines this morining that it was a work to introduce an angle for batistas return, i'm delighted they're using booker as i think he'll make it a big deal, and he's an often overlooked wrestler on smackdown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Obvious work, but WWE.com has put some stuff up recently that might sound like a work, but it hasn't been. Batista should be back very soon, unless they're givin him more time off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Got the following from top-rope.com:

It should be noted that Booker T has made some offhand, condescending comments in regards to Batista's physique in at least two interviews in the past few years, so there does appear to be some legitimate heat between the two, at least on Booker T's part.

In an interview he did last year, Booker T alluded to Batista's alleged steroid use when he said it was going to come back to haunt him when he started tearing muscles. Also, in an interview Booker T did with the now defunct Total Wrestling Magazine in 2002 or 2003 when Batista was just starting out in WWE, he thought Batista's physique looked "freaky" and that he was much too muscular for his own good.

batista01.jpg
    Above is a pic of Batista at the screening of Kane's movie from Nodq.com. I really don't think they would post news like that on WWE.com if it wasn’t a work!

Those cuts look more like he got them from shaving than a punch-up! I still say it's a work though

still think it might be a work as well.... hell they woould have got suspended or fine and it wouldnt be up on wwe.com

They've got an interview with Booker up about the fight: http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/20034101

I still need to try convince myself that it's a work! If it was for real, Booker wouldn't say anything about havin a problem with Batista, cos it could cost him his job. He'd just pretend it was over nothing

since he came to WWE Booker has played the guy with a chip on his shoulder about something, whether it was the rocks fame or being moved to the bush leagues as he called it; Booker has always been excellent as the guy with a problem.

• Advertisement

Just read this on NoDQ.com:

The following is from PWTorch.com:

-There is a lot of buzz backstage at Smackdown in San Diego tonight among wrestlers and staff over Booker T standing up to Batista last night. Booker is being perceived as the good guy of what was a legit scuffle, not a planned angle (despite widespread reports elsewhere).

-WWE.com just posted a story with quotes from Booker T, which appear to be 100 percent legitimate in the sense that it's the same thing Booker is telling others in casual conversations.

Well..I'll just stop speculating now. Although I always thought Batista was a respectful guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Batista cuts look like they were caused from being thrown into something as opposed to blows, and apparently Booker has a black eye or something.

5 mins of fighter between those two and all they can do is give each other a few scrapes and a black eye????

Simple fact is that if something did happen then it would have been very, very minor, and then Creative did what they do best and just ran with it.

imo that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

to be honest if booker gave batista a decent kick to the head then there would have been a concussion. Not to mention Batista's strength and what he could have potentially done to Booker :D in saying that people would have been fired for this. Both characters don't seem to be like that so it's all a work :)

ah but you see the lack of injury is cause the fight was stopped before they got a chance to do a finisher on each other :rolleyes:
    wwe probably have it out that everyone is to act like it's for real, remeber the appointment of Micahel Cole to wwe.com to specificaly focus it on storylines rather than true life situations.
    this is a work, and they seem to be trying to use any means poossible to try and convince that its not, reember the first thing most wrestling websites did when this broke was say it's not known but this is probably a work, i'd say WWE are going to try and play them by having staff tow te line on this and try and convince it's real

The interview with Batista is up now: http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/2727246

I don't think it is a work at this stage, if it was, then it would obviously be building up a match between the two. But Batista has completely played it down. "I'm not a prick!" - them's not fighting words!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Wade Keller of pwtorch is reporting that it was, in fact, an actual fight that is being turned into a work.

so it's most likely a disagreement or at worse a case of handbags thats being turned into a massive brawl by wwe.
    seriously anyone that believes that they actually had a big brutal bloody brawl is dreaming, what would happen if you and a coworker got in a small fight, you'd be done, if you were lucky enough to stay you'd get a severe ticking off, but the company most certainly would not be publishing it in the next newsletter.
    then consider how far WWE go in regard tro the image of the company, matt spoke out so matt was canned, the wrestlers have a dress code so as to give a distinctive impression about the company.
    there's no way this is anything other then a minor squabble thats being milked by wwe who are desperate for a decent (especially SD) story

if you were lucky enough to stay you'd get a severe ticking off, but the company most certainly would not be publishing it in the next newsletter.
    then consider how far WWE go in regard tro the image of the company, matt spoke out so matt was canned,

Yeah but Matt Hardy is Matt Hardy and Big Dave is Big Dave. Depending on how valauble the company sees you gives less/more leeway.

I agree though. It looks to me that the two legitimately have some problems, they had a brief scuffle and now there trying to use it.

yeah i imagine his friendliness with trip won't hurt him either.
    actually that makes it sound a bit gay, swap that to his friendship with trip

NOW I'm getting more and more confused.... although i still do think it's a work.... why else would the wwe put up that two wrestlers had a fight at a commercial and not fine ether one of them.... ether that or suspend of fire booker t or (heaven for bid) batista.:eek:

if booker win king of the ring, then yes this will all set up nicely for a fued between the two.... if booker doesnt win king of the ring. it'll probably set up a fued anyway..... but probably happen much later.... :rolleyes:

damn the wwe are getting smarter!!! what a perfect way to get every one talking about the wwe and more importantly smackdown again.... (hell i've the website and wrestling forums, it's certainly working) this is probably a way make smackdown more interesting and get more ppl to watch. now all they have to do is get some one other than jbl or rey to world champ.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

^JBL will do nicely for a month or two until either Dave or Orton are back and then they can have a run for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

From PWInsider's Dave Scherer:
    When I first read WWE.com's story about Booker T and Batista being in a fight at a commercial shoot, I figured that the story was a work, an angle to bring the returning-from-injury Batista back into the fold. I didn't think there would be a story about it on WWE.com if it were actually a true situation. Yesterday, I started hearing that it was really a shoot and after digging around, a number of people have told me that it was.

From what I have been told, heat has been building up between Booker and Batista for a while now, largely based on the fact that during his run as the champ, Batista rubbed a lot of people the wrong way by taking the "I have carried the company on my back" and the "I have drawn all the money" attitude. The feeling is that Batista came right in and got a top spot and didn't show the others in the locker room the respect that they deserved. That never sits well with the other workers. That is what Booker was referring to in his comments on WWE.com.

I also spoke to a number of Smackdown talents who said that they were happy that Booker said and did what he did. I was told a lot of them hugged and high-fived Booker for saying what needed to be said and then backing it up with his hands.

So, at this point, it's all a shoot. I would not be surprised to see it turn into a work down the road however. As for WWE.com, from what I was told they broke the story to "scoop" sites like this one.

Well done, Book.

HMMMM now it's getting more interesting..... and i never thought batista was like that, the stories i was told was that he was always repectful.

I do remember reading interviews where he said somthing to the effect that Vince told me that I was moving Smackdown and that it would be "my" show.
    Thats only from memory but I know he said somthing to pretty much to that effect.

Alot more things seem to go on in the Smackdown locker-room than they do on Raw (Palmer Cannon, The Dicks, Melina incident).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

If it was real, Finlay would of been in to clean house!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Iceman78

What Melina incident you talking about Vince? Heard about the others mentioned but never heard of her involved in anything.

According to wrestling observer newsletter about 6 weeks ago on an overseas tour she was ordered to appear at "wrestling court". Whatever that means. But for what its worth JBL is the judge. Mick Foley worte a bit on it in his blog:

Now, I swear that I fully expected Melina’s column No. 2 to be my last public mention of her, but unfortunately I received word that she had been through a tough time on the most recent SmackDown overseas tour. It seems that some people had mistaken her shyness for arrogance (not the first time I’ve seen someone suffer for that same mistake) and had taken it upon themselves to make her life a little harder than it needed to be.

I wish I had been there to right the wrong, but I wasn’t. I was about 10,000 miles away. So, I did the next best thing: I vowed to continue to post sexy photos of her on my blog as a sign of support. That’s right; it was my own shallow, self-serving immature way of letting her know that I cared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

According to wrestling observer newsletter about 6 weeks ago on an overseas tour she was ordered to appear at "wrestling court". Whatever that means. But for what its worth JBL is the judge. Mick Foley worte a bit on it in his blog:

as far as i know wrestling court is the name given to those that have been wrestling within the organisation for a long time.The likes of taker etc etc

I think it's more involving of the other wrestlers too. They basically all get together when there's a dispute and whatever the majority decide is fair in the situation is what must be done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Watching Smackdown, Booker's eye looked pretty bad? Not sure if this is a work???:confused:

RVD420 wrote:
    Watching Smackdown, Booker's eye looked pretty bad? Not sure if this is a work???:confused:

obviously batista gave him a right oul punch. right handed :D if thats the case then batista arm surely has to be a 100% again :D

and hey batista came out with cuts and bruises as well...

i think booker is just jealous of batista.

i think booker is just jealous of batista.

I think your slightly biased!

prowrestling.com are now reporting that
    The “fight” between Booker T and Batista reported on WWE.com is said to be a complete work, and is going to be used to promote SummerSlam somehow. Everyone backstage is being told it was legit, but most know by now that it was just a work.
    there was just something about this to mee that never sat well, mainly WWE as a corporate entity releasing information about employee indiscretions.

Basically it seems to me that it was an argument that broke out into a minor scuffle which wwe.com fabricated a very colourful story from, making it sound like it was world war three or somthing.

ah ha!!!! knew i coould smell a work a mile away. although nearly had me there for a while :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement