Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The new Playstation3 controller - motion sensitive

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Why don't they move the analog to the d-pad position where it would be more comfortable? Would it not make more sense?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Skyuser wrote:

interesting. watching the live feed (yes, i stayed up to watch it!) the director didn't show the screen, but focused on phil harrison for that entire demonstration.

the most impressive thing there was the way the water reacted to the duck IMO..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

So what exactly are the '6 degrees of motion'?

Tilt left, tilt right, tilt forward, tilt backward, move up and move down? The first four are obvious but I'm a bit curious as to how the last two actually work.

Another thing I've noticed is that the joypad doesn't seem to have a battery pack like the 360. Maybe this means they're not taking the AA route, which would be a good thing in my book. With the biggest complaints from the press about the pad so far being that it feels too light, perhaps it would be a good idea to put a couple of hefty batteries in where the dual shock motors were to give it some really good battery life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭GrumPy

steviec wrote:
    So what exactly are the '6 degrees of motion'?

Tilt left, tilt right, tilt forward, tilt backward, move up and move down? The first four are obvious but I'm a bit curious as to how the last two actually work.

Another thing I've noticed is that the joypad doesn't seem to have a battery pack like the 360. Maybe this means they're not taking the AA route, which would be a good thing in my book. With the biggest complaints from the press about the pad so far being that it feels too light, perhaps it would be a good idea to put a couple of hefty batteries in where the dual shock motors were to give it some really good battery life.

Rechargable batteries built in afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Rechargable batteries built in afaik.

that's what i heard. it has a usb slot to plug into the ps3 once a red light flicks on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

no rumble on the ps3 because they tried to fight a court case instead of settling like microsoft did

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=135601

and if Kirby Tilt n Tumble was able to use the same motion detection and a rumble for the gba using one tiny cartridge then i think sony should be able to manage it.
    they do not interfere with each other, it's proven from past games on completly inferior systems.

Advertisement