Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MGS4 E3 2006 trailer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

yup. absolutely stunning work. and hideo still insists it COULD look better...

the last scene in the trailer is a bit shocking. i'm surprised they're allowed to show that at e3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

the last scene in the trailer is a bit shocking. i'm surprised they're allowed to show that at e3
    Yeah, but I reckon it's got to be misdirection. Looks good though, Raiden less of pansy, Snake being cool, et cetera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

The full 15 minute trailer is up now:

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/e3_2006/

It's not a great quality capture - a high res version would be much preferable - but if you haven't already you really ought to check this out :D I can't wait for a HD trailer, especially looking at the direct feeds like this:

92659620060509screen00114dq.jpg

:eek:

The server that trailer's on is dying :(. I guess I'll wait til demand calms down, or some places are giving proper downloads of it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

If anybody finds a working link (The above one is about dead) or a torrent too the hi-res one or something, link it here. Thought the 3 minute one was awesome

• Advertisement

Got a look at the full length trailer. Interesting stuff. Particular Snake's camo suit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Some comments from Kojima - seems MGS4 may take advantage of the motion sensing in the PS3's controller, and online:
    At this stage in development, Kojima hasn’t revealed many solid gameplay specifics, but he did confirm that MGS4 will utilize the PS3’s advanced online capabilities in some way, and also plans on using the controller’s recently announced motion-sensing capabilities in the game.

Also, on possibilities for Metal Gear on other platforms..
    “The way I look at the Metal Gear Solid series is that it’s made for the PlayStation platform, and through the years, people have expressed how much they love the series on the PlayStation platform, so if I was going to do a game on Wii or on Xbox 360, I would do a completely different game, not Metal Gear Solid.”

Full article: http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2990&Itemid=2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

The full trailer is on Google somewhere. Really incredible stuff. Gives a good broad outline of the story too.

The Raiden stuff at the end is ****ing insane, I think its really on a level with the Animatrix stuff, surprised to see it in a game.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Bit off topic but

"According to flyers being distributed at E3, Hideo Kojima – overlord of the METAL GEAR series – indicates he has finalized a contract that should bring about a MGS live-action movie. Kojima emphasizes Uwe Boll will not be associated with the project in any way. This thing’s already off to a good start!"

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=23294

Any link to a hi-res trailer yet (On google somewhere dosent help all that much ;), especially if its a google video/youtube trailer where the quality isn't all that great!)

Advertisement