Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PreInsulated heating pipe

Options
  • 09-05-2006 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi does anyone know where I can get the preinsulated pipe for domestic heating, its basically two pipes surrounded by insulation contained within an other ducting that connects boiler in garage to hot water cylinder in house (i need to span 200 feet approx). I live in Cork , none of the builders providers have it some dont think it exits but i know I saw it at a recent home show in milstreet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Viking House

Hi Mike

I have a leaflet for that product on my desk.
    The company name is Rohrsysteme.
    The web site is www.brugg.de
    I have C+F Quadrant written at the top of this leaflet which could be the supplier, good luck.
    Let me know what the price is as I will be doing a similar 20m job in the Summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭flocker

I've seen this type of product at Heatmerchants here is an address

Unit 5, Link Road Business Park,
    Ballincollig
    Co. Cork
    (i need to span 200 feet approx)

That a very long distance, or should it be 20 feet. If it is 200 there could be issues with pumps and flow rates if the pipe isn't the correct size.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Mike_C

Thanks for the replies, Heatmerchants dont have it in stock but may order in. Just measured the distance needed, 120 feet between utility room where cylinder will be and garage where boiler will be located. Is this going to cause problems, we are planning to install a wood pellet boiler?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭flocker

Mike C,

120 feet is still quite a distance. You generally try and keep pipe runs as short as possible, the less pipe the less water to heat.
    Putting the boiler in the house or closer, is that an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Mike_C

just to let you know we have decided to go with microflex from aquatech.ie, its about 30yoyos per sqm. We have also decided to relocate the garage to reduce the distance between boiler and cylinder. Now down to 40 feet. Thanks again for your help
    Mike

• Advertisement
Advertisement