Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Hand toilet cistern?

• 09-05-2006 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi,

The toilet cistern is very badly cracked in my parents house. The house was built in 1980, so the clour of the bathroom suite is greeny/brown. They don't want to replace the whole bathroom suite because of a cracked cistern, so I was wondering if it would be possible to get a second hand one anywhere?

colour.jpg

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭flocker

Looks like a wash hand basin to me.

However you could try Coloured sanitaryware

Depending where you are, but l think that there is someone opposite Dundalk Institute of Technology that does S/h sanitaryware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Looks like avocado. I know a plumber who spent months trying to find an avocado basin after he cracked one while changing the taps to adapt-a-tap. The woman wouldn't accept a white basin instead so he had to change the whole bathroom set, including the bath at his own expense.
    The point is he combed the whole city, had ads in buy and sell, did the salvage yards, but to no avail. It's all white sano going in these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭WhatsGoingOn

flocker wrote:
    Looks like a wash hand basin to me.

However you could try Coloured sanitaryware

It is a wash hand basin! But the cistern was covered in glue/sealent etc, so just took a picture of the sink to show the colour.
    That crowd in the UK do avocado, so I just sent them a mail asking if they ship to Ireland.
    Thanks for the link.

wyndham wrote:
    Looks like avocado. I know a plumber who spent months trying to find an avocado basin after he cracked one while changing the taps to adapt-a-tap. The woman wouldn't accept a white basin instead so he had to change the whole bathroom set, including the bath at his own expense.
    The point is he combed the whole city, had ads in buy and sell, did the salvage yards, but to no avail. It's all white sano going in these days.

I was thinking it mightn't be possible, but said I'd try anyway.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 487 ✭✭cormac_byrne

keep an eye on buyandsell e.g.

Bathroom Suite. Leinster Co. Dublin €50.00
    Avacado, bath, sink & pedestal, wc & cistern, matching access, perfect cond, €50 ono. 086-8892236 [save ad]

• Advertisement

keep an eye on buyandsell e.g.

Bathroom Suite. Leinster Co. Dublin €50.00
    Avacado, bath, sink & pedestal, wc & cistern, matching access, perfect cond, €50 ono. 086-8892236 [save ad]

Thanks Cormac.

Advertisement