Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Spotted: Maybach

Options
  • 09-05-2006 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

I saw one of these on the Stillorgan dualler just before Fosters Avenue, its bloody MASSIVE up close.

What are they? about 800 grand?

I was on the bus.........

maybach-756343.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭Archeron

now thats a nice momo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

*Yawn* Have to say I've seen loads around in the last few months(maybe the same car in each case)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

JackieChan wrote:
    *Yawn* Have to say I've seen loads around in the last few months(maybe the same car in each case)

have to agree, not a head turner, nothing special about them, over hyped Merc.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭AJ!

There are only three in Ireland.
    maybach57blanked2kz.th.jpgmaybach62036rj.th.jpg

I like this better.
    phantom03dcv6zf.th.jpgphantom0fn.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Saw one outside the chipper near Ormonde Cinemas in Stillorgan of all places. But yeah, they're alright, nothing too special to look at.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

whats so good about this car.we are talking about the maybach

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Hideous, vulgar, chintzy, kitsch, overpriced understyled schlock.

Zero effort car design. "Ooh lets make it really really big and stick lots of chrome on it." Does anyone remember 50s Americana? At least they had a sense of individuality - this looks like a stretched Sonata. Except the Sonata is a better design.

my friends dad has one,i know of another person that has one.and AJ how do you know for sure that theres only 3.i would not think so.also how do you ge to rent a phantom or maybach.as i read in the newspaper the monk rented a phantom for the daughters wedding it might of been the citywest one.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

does Lucifer Walsh have one?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

donot worry.i was just asking a question.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,418 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

AJ! wrote:
    maybach62036rj.th.jpg

Yeah that one seems to be there all the time opposite the dail. Packed with stuffed brown envelopes, maybe? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,118 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Saw one driving on the dual carriageway next to UCD a few months back. Saw one driving around Cologne last week. Nothing special really, except the price tag that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭Alkers

AJ! wrote:
    There are only three in Ireland.
    maybach57blanked2kz.th.jpgmaybach62036rj.th.jpg

I like this better.
    phantom03dcv6zf.th.jpgphantom0fn.th.jpg
    All illegaly parked.

Nissan Fuga 450GT (Japan). In the states it's called the Infiniti M45. Nissan don't sell their so called upmarket range in Europe, unlike Toyota, so the one you saw is most likely a parallel import

Doesn't do it for me tbh. Designed by Qrio by the looks of it. No doubt it is very comfortable and reliable and has a great stereo and what not though. It probably wobbles all over the road. Just about perfect for the US market methinks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Theres one around ballsbridge a lot, and in and out of one of the hotels.

colm_mcm wrote:
    does Lucifer Walsh have one?

whos that?

drdre wrote:
    whos that?

Ah c'mon :p

Louis ring a bell?

unkel wrote:
    Ah c'mon :p

Louis ring a bell?

:D , i was not thinking when i read the name.i thought he meant someone else.
    i wouldnot think he has a maybach.
    the guy that i know lives in shankill that has one and MANY other cool cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,118 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Lucifer has a Rolls Royce of some description as far as I know. I doubt he'd have a Maybach as well then.

Lucifer has a Rolls Royce of some description as far as I know. I doubt he'd have a Maybach as well then.

Queen Lucy has a Maybach alright ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

unkel wrote:
    Queen Lucy has a Maybach alright ;)

I've seen Louis in a Bentley before. I know Johnny Ronan has a Maybach. There's more than 3 in Ireland, not sure if Smurfit got one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I have heard that Enya has one, and JP McM has one also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

I've seen a TS registered one, probably John Magnier, and a few D registered ones there's enough speculation above as to who owns them.

prospect wrote:
    I have heard that Enya has one
    Enya's manager owns this Maybach.
    maybach57blanked1uy.th.jpgmaybach57028kv1cv.th.jpg

alias no.9 wrote:
    I've seen a TS registered one, probably John Magnier, and a few D registered ones there's enough speculation above as to who owns them.

yeah and theres way more than 3 in ireland as stated above.i think magnier does have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Anyone know the total cost of a Mayback 62 and a Phantom.....including VRT, delivery, VAT, etc etc??

....Just out of curiosity :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

There's often one parked outside the Fitzwilliam Hotel on St. Stephen's Green. It's so incredibly long!

• Advertisement

drdre wrote:
    yeah and theres way more than 3 in ireland as stated above.i think magnier does have one.
    I'm pretty sure there are only three Irish Maybachs. Maybe somebody could have bought one in the UK and registered it over here but officially MDL has only brought three into Ireland.

drdre, have you seen more than three Maybachs? Even if there actually is more than three it would only be five or six at the most.

Advertisement