Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing Machine Stopped Spinning

Options
  • 09-05-2006 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I have a Zanussi Washing Machine that just stopped spinning. Everything else works OK but it just wont spin.

Anyone know a quick fix to save me getting the 'Washing Machine Guy' out and spending 70 Euro.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

Same thing happened to our machine recently - turned out to be a penny caught in the filter. Try unscrewing the filter and see if there is anything stuck there before going to the expense of calling someone out to look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭mel123

happened me a few times. once it was a sim card???? the other times its those bloody colour catchers i put in with the wash. if there is water in it u will have to filter all the water out, then take out the filter, id say chances are there is something caught in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 johninwaterford

Aniascor... Mel... Thanks a million. I rellay appreciate you posting the replies. I'll drain it and check when I get home.

Much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 johninwaterford

That worked. There was a churned up sock in the filter. Running sweet as a nut now! Cheers Guys!

Advertisement