Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DFI boards And Seasonic S12's - Still issues?

Options
  • 09-05-2006 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering, is there still issues with seasonic s12's and dfi mobos??

Does it happen on all models of dfi boards?? Also i read in the dfi forums that some users dont experience these problems

anyone got any info on this issue?? do they know the cause

Reason is, i was gonna use an s12 600watt on my sli-dr expert and want to know what my chances are of it working.

any info on this issue is appriciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

There was a workaround somewhere on the xtremesystems forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

krazy_8s wrote:
    There was a workaround somewhere on the xtremesystems forums.

i was directed to this

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=65481

but it is only for people using the 5v mem jumper on old boards

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

My bad then.

i havent heard of anyone with this problem on expert boards, i wonder does it affect them :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

You'd be better off buying an OCZ for the DFI boards - they're the only ones I remember getting constantly recommended. I doubt much has changed since then.
    Plus I have one for sale :D

• Advertisement

WizZard wrote:
    You'd be better off buying an OCZ for the DFI boards - they're the only ones I remember getting constantly recommended. I doubt much has changed since then.
    Plus I have one for sale :D

i know i put a post on your ad :D not interested in a swap???(il add in a bit o cash);)

gline wrote:
    i know i put a post on your ad :D not interested in a swap???(il add in a bit o cash);)
    Hehe,just noticed that now.
    Not interested in a swap I'm afraid (unless it's with €100 cash :D) as I need money right now.

WizZard wrote:
    Hehe,just noticed that now.
    Not interested in a swap I'm afraid (unless it's with €100 cash :D) as I need money right now.

i could do it with 50 noway 100 :D, u set up for alerts in adverts.ie? i replied to the ad

anyone have this issue on an sli-dr expert or hear of anyone with it on this board???

gline wrote:
    i could do it with 50 noway 100 :D, u set up for alerts in adverts.ie? i replied to the ad
    I'd prefer the cash to be honest. Let me leave it for a short while

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

On DFI street, there was alot of people reporting problems with this PSU and DFI boards not just the eXpert, somethinf to do with a touchy trip circuit. Someone did quote that theres a 50/50% chance with Seasoncis and this prob on DFI boards. I think rev A2 was the the more likly rev to have the prob.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Well, The Seasonic S12 is on the DFI-Street recommended PSU thread.

But the OCZ Powerstream is thier favourite..

Enermax Liberty FTW:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

i had this issue on my dfi-sli d i worked with my first board but had to rma it and the new board i got would not work with it you can also get the Enermax Noisetaker 600W there ment to work just as good as the ocz on dfi boards.

buying the ocz off wizz :D

nice psu your getting

awhir wrote:
    nice psu your getting

the seasonics are sweet aswell, silent and powerful

can u turn the led fan off on the ocz?? i hate led fans :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

Never opened mine up, but id say you could.

if you dont like leds you wana swap for Enermax Noisetaker 600W there both grade As on the dfi website for dfi boards.

awhir wrote:
    if you dont like leds you wana swap for Enermax Noisetaker 600W there both grade As on the dfi website for dfi boards.

hmmm, i might do, pm me

Advertisement