Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goldendoodles

Options
  • 09-05-2006 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Does anyone know of any goldendoodle breeders in Ireland?:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

There is indeed someone on here who breeds golden labrador poodle cross mongrels, search the forum as there was a thread on this mock breed recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Garth

The Irish Guide Dogs are the only people I've ever heard that breed them. Also standard poodles (the big poodles) aren't that popular here either, so it makes it hard to find crosses of them.

But you never know. Make sure to check them out carefully if you find someone, since it's not a recognised breed in Ireland, they aren't governed by the Kennel Club. There are very well-meaning responsible breeders and many who are just chancers trying to make money by randomly breeding dogs, but they don't know what they are doing and you could end up with a sick puppy.

Good luck.

If you don't find one, why not check out a rescue for some golden retrievers and labs? We got our lab through a rescue and she's the sweetest dog ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

If you give petland in camden street a call - they had someone in who's breeding some for the guide dogs & they're also looking for prospective new owners as all the puppies won't become guide dogs. I don't know if they took the persons details but I think they might be a regular customer.

Do I make sense? I'm tired :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

My wife is a professional dog groomer and reckons you will have a hard time keeping the dogs hair from getting matted, it will take brushing daily and frequent haircuts. She says people get them because they think they dont shed, but doesnt mean they are easy to take care of, just some thoughts for you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 doodles6

Hi

I bred the only golden doodles I know of in Ireland. I bred them from my white standard poodle. The intention was mainly for guide dogs and they have four some friends of mine have two. They are a over a year old and still in training some in the blind program and at least one in the program for autistic children

This year I am expecting a litter of labradoodles. They are ready to go end of July some to guide dogs and a few to carefully vetted homes. I have five booked already out of a litter of most likely six. If you want to email me direct I will consider you for a home bearing in mind that they are big dogs. They need walking grooming and someone who is at home pretty much all day with them. I will consider homes with children over six only. They will probably be black and slightly shorter coated then the golden doodles.

yes indeed as the post said their coat needs care and attention not as much as a pure bred poodle but they need regular brushing and groomer visits. Non shed means less hoovering but not no effort. I bring this up with any potential owners as with a big dog this can be pricey

My email is gallerym@eircom.net email me direct if you need to

• Advertisement
Advertisement