Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what screws/rawl plugs for hanging basket brackets on a concrete block wall

Options
  • 09-05-2006 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭

I'm putting brackets for hanging baskets up. The baskets will be 12" and 16" respectively. Obviously there'll be a massive weight off each basket. Whats the best equipment (well screws and rawl plugs really) for adhering the brackets to the concrete block wall?

Thanks a million in advance for any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭starman100

If the baskets are really heavy and tending to pull away from the wall rather than downwards, you are better off using a rawlbolt or thru-bolt (you can get them in any good builders suppliers), probably two 8mm x 75mm should suffice. Drill your holes with a masonry bit (SDS drill if you have one), insert bolts, tighten with a spanner and that bracket is going nowhere.

;););)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

you shouldnt need bolts
    I have two min 15inch baskets up with just screws and your good old red rawl plug.
    At the brackets the regular right angle kind?
    I used 2 screws in each bracket and the dont budge, I reckon I could hang off them and they would be fine.
    The weight of the basket will cantilever a lot of the weight through the bracket into the wall anyway.
    Just make sure to use screws that wont rust... (and at least2 inches long)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

Hi guys,
    thanks for your replies back.
    Yes my brackets are the normal right angled kind (with decorative twisty bits!).

What on earth is an SDS drill?

Wish me luck! thanks again for you help

Advertisement