Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mounting an LCD/Plasma and power outlet location

• 09-05-2006 2:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi,

I am going to mount an LCD/Plasma on a wall and run all the cables behind the plasterboard. As the TV power lead wouldnt reach to the socket I was going to have a plug socket directly behind the TV on the wall. (room is being redone so this is an option) Is having a power socket behind the TV going to have any impact on the TV or any of the cables running to the TV etc Scarts etc. Doing it this way also hides all the wires including the plug so its all nice and neat.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 PeeJa

I would advise you to use what is known as "Plasma grade cable" (for scart), or HDMI cable if you get a HD plasma/lcd.

The reason for this is to cut out the possibility of RF or EF interference. If you use a cheap low quality cable you may get lines on the pic even when watching dvd!

Having a mains socket behind the screen is a handy place to have the i/p socket and it is much tidier.

One thing i have noticed about screens on a wall is if you put it up high then you need to be able to sit well back from the screen, otherwise it will be like sitting in the front row of the cinema. Some screens have fantastic floor stands and it does away with the problem of where to put your dvd, sat box etc. Also the above cables i mentioned can be expensive so the shorter the cable the cheaper the cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭Attreu

This is how we do it in work.
    With decent cables there should be no interference from the power cable.

If you will be viewing the screen from a seated position it is advisable to have the bottom of the screen 1200mm from the floor.

Advertisement