Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearing the site when build finished

Options
  • 09-05-2006 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

Just wondering what should I be expecting my builder to do about cleaning up the site when he's finished? It's getting into summer now and the grass is starting to grow up around discarded scaffolding, pipes, slates, timber, boxes, etc etc. Now we'll salvage any timber we find for our stove, but should he be coming back and taking all this stuff away before I hand over the final payment?

Also, what's the best way to tackle the site afterwards? Just get a bulldozer in to level the lot? Any idea what I'm likely to be charged for a bulldozer to level a half-acre site? At the moment we've two huge mounds of earth front and back which I guess we can just level out over the site ...

If anyone has any handy tips or ideas for this stage of development, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.
    M.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭PoolDude

Good question - I'd appreciate input on the same. I think my builder indicated he would elvel it but not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

It should be mentioned in your contract about cleaning up the site but if it is not it would be standard practice for the builder to remove any unused materials (including packaging) and also any scaffolding or other tools used.

I was at that stage a couple of weeks ago and I agreed that the builder would drop in a few of those 2Tn white bags and I filled them up with alll sorts of rubbish (including stuff he was not responsible for, like packaging for kitchen appliances and timber floor.) He sent a truck up a couple of days later and took everything away. So for a couple of hours labour I got rid of all my own rubish as well as his.

As for levelling the site, a bulldozer might be a bit extreme. Try your local paper and see if you can get a guy with a JCB or large mini digger (5-7Tn) to come out and do it for you. Shouldn't cost you more that €200 to €250 for the day.

Advertisement